Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Rega Kyte

Discussion in 'audio' started by SteveG, Jan 26, 2021.

1. PerF

PerF Member

As far as I understand mentioned metal baseplate is to support the 23cm depth to users with short top-plate on their stands.
    If users leave the T" bracket, speakers will tilt backwards

2. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

Ah, I see. Perhaps a metal plate with a tab that is screwed on in place of the optional 'T' bracket, then.

3. seeformiles

seeformiles Active Member

Really interested in the new Kytes - any hands-on experience with these?

4. hifi_dave

hifi_dave Hi-Fi Retailer

Yep. Sold a couple of pairs during lockdown. Clean, fast and fun.

Torris12 and seeformiles like this.
  5. seeformiles

seeformiles Active Member

Any harshness/peakiness in the upper mids/treble, for example when paired with the IO? Been eyeing these for a small bedroom setup (4x3m).

Also, how low do they actually go, compared to similar sized British speakers like the small Spendors/Harbeth P3s, etc? Can't seem to find their frequency range online.

6. PerF

PerF Member

Cabinet is roughly 2/3 of RX1
    So doubt they are able to match these on that point, they are however really cool looking IMO.

I have mine in the kitchen for a week only with a Unitiqute, so can't add further to what Dave already said apart from they are definitely not harsh/peaky, nor do they have the magic mids of P3's (yet:))

seeformiles likes this.