advertisement

Rega Fono MM vs Heed Questar vs Graham Communicator

Hepokatti

pfm Member
Three Phonostages, none can be auditioned beforehand. Which would be the absolute best value, or should I save for even better one?

Rega Fono MM MK2
Heed Questar MM
Graham Slee Communicator

For AT120E/150mlx and Nagaoka MP-11 body (haven't decided on the stylus yet).

In the absence of you auditioning them , I would suggest adding the Cambridge audio 640 and then flipping a coin to decide which to buy , it will have as much efficacy as this thread .

split them in to two groups have a semi final and final flick off .

In the absence of you auditioning them , I would suggest adding the Cambridge audio 640 and then flipping a coin to decide which to buy , it will have as much efficacy as this thread .

split them in to two groups have a semi final and final flick off .

Haha!

Sure, sounds valid. Thanks! I just prefer to avoid CA products since their re-sale value seems to be a bit lower.

I know threads like these won't give much useful info, but if I get even few experiences here and there, then I'll at least have something. (And honestly, I don't believe in auditioning the electronics in this price bracket matters THAT much - speakers are a completely different thing of course.)

The main question here might be if any of those will suffice for MM purposes, or should I just aim higher :p

Fair point :

Small clarification , thanks to Jez Arkless electronics and his mods , the Cambridge 640p resale value is holding up very nicely and probably better than the others .

Are you based in Helsinki? I found the guys there happy to lend stuff out for the weekend.

I have to say that I am very happy with the sound from my Rega Fono MM Mk2! I have a RP6 tt and Roksan amp and very happy with the dynamics and clarity.

Thanks for the comments. So far looks like Heed is the winner here, and was my first choice anyway. I completely forgot about that manufacturer provided PSU upgrade possibility.

Are you based in Helsinki? I found the guys there happy to lend stuff out for the weekend.

Sadly no, and taking trips for such cheap products wouldn't justify the cost of gas (or even the cost of mail). :p

advertisement

Back