advertisement

Rega Elicit Mk5 vs Elicit Mk4

samz

pfm Member
Anyone compared the performance of these two or may be aware of the outgoing version and have heard the Mk5.

I’m wondering if there’s any change in the sound signature of the Mk5 and what that may be.

I’ve heard the Elex R and Mk4 in my system, they were both different to my ears and rather than the Mk4 being more of what the Elex R produced it seemed to provide other qualities. I liked them both though.

thanks.

Haven't heard the MK4 but I have a MK5 running my Falcon Q7's and it is superb.

The phono input is excellent, so is the dac.

Owned both the Rega Elex r and the Rega Elicit r. Loved the involving ability of the Elex, and got used to the different qualities of the Elicit, but always hankered after that enjoyable Elex sound. I felt that the Elicit r had a smoother more refined and detailed sound, and a deeper, better defined bass, than the Elex. The Elex could sound a little bass light on certain tracks, but that may have been the reason that it gave the impression of a more propulsive, involving sound.
Not heard the Elicit mk 5, but i’ve heard that it sounds more like the bigger Rega Aethos, and that it may share some of that amp’s pre-amp stage design.
As always, an audition is mandatory, but I would be surprised if the new Elicit doesn’t sound better than the previous model, and therefore very good indeed.

Agree with Ron above. I had the Elict R for six years. I tried and like the Osiris but not so much the Atheos which according to my dealer was more akin to the Elex R in presentation.

As always, an audition is mandatory, but I would be surprised if the new Elicit doesn’t sound better than the previous model, and therefore very good indeed.

Time really flies. I owned the Elicit mk2 and it just felt like yesterday. It's now mk5 already? I really lost track. The mk2 is decent but not stellar. Mk5 must be excellent since there's the mk3 and mk4 which should be better than the mk2.

advertisement

Back