1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Rega Aura Phono Stage

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by EJB, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:14 AM.

1. EJB

EJB pfm Member

Bought brand new earlier this year I am seling a Rega Aura phono stage. It is in absolute mint condition and there is the original packing, build certificate and user manual. Included as standard is a Rega reference power lead and a pair of Couple 2 interconnects.

My reason for selling this item is my tinnitus is becoming increasingly worse and is affecting my enjoyment of the music.

Brand new the item costs £3999. I am asking just £3600. This represents a 10% discount on what is essentially a brand new reference phono stage.

Will ship to UK address at cost.

Please PM to discuss if interested.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 5:27 PM
  2. EJB

EJB pfm Member

Friday bump

3. lordmortlock

lordmortlock pfm Member

When you say essentially brand new ... have you not used it then?

4. EJB

EJB pfm Member

It has been unboxed and powered up and I have spun perhaps 10 albums on my TT so maybe there is 5 hours usage, which is really very little. That is why I have described it as essentially brand new.
    There is nothing wrong with the item. As mentioned in the post, I have become troubled with tinnitus and now use my system for background listening, which is a waste of a fine phono amp. Assuming as sale, I will be using the phono stage in my streamer for vinyl replay going forward.

5. Nagraboy

Nagraboy pfm Member

I had bad tinnitus for a while a few years ago and thought about selling my whole system as I could’ve listen to it. But after a while it went away and I’m fine now.

If you only bought it recently before the tinnitus got bad, I’d keep it and see if you get better. Shame to sell the Aura and then find you end up regretting it. I’d love to buy it, but can’t really stretch that far.

6. wiresandmore

wiresandmore pfm Member

Same here, had a bad bout following a burst eardrum, now back to 95% level. Don't do anything rash!

7. EJB

EJB pfm Member

Thanks Guys, I understand. I am going to leave the Aura up for sale for a while longer to see if there are any nibbles, but I fear that despite a good few views, there has been no interest shown. I may end up keeping it by default!