advertisement

Rega Arcos?

imarks

Ian Marks
Does anyone remember (or even heard of) a turntable called Arcos (not even sure if this is exactly the right name) I think it was made by Rega, it looked a lot like a Planer 3 with the S shaped (R200 ?)arm but instead of a glass platter it has a 3 pronged metal thing which looked a bit futuristic at the time.

I remember a friends father having one when I was still at school so we are talking somwhere around '78-'80.

I've taken a look at Rega's web-site but found no info. Has my memory finally konked out?

Hi

The Rega RB200 was made by Acos. It was based on the Lustre. (They may exactly the same). Rega made a version for Amstrad then they went on to produce the Planet. (or was it the other way round.)

This lead to the Rega 2 & 3 with Rb200 arms then with Rb250 & Rb300 arms. The rest is history.

Dean

Thanks for the info. The ebay link shows a picture of exactly what I remember!

So in sumary: The turntable is a Rega Planet and the arm is the forerunner of the R200 which was made a Acos.

I also remember seeing a very similar turntable in Comet at the time with an Amstrad badge on although I took it for a cheap look-a-like copy not an OEM Rega

advertisement

Back