advertisement

Rega Aethos?

Hi,

I am fortunate to have an Isis which I use as a CD player (obviously) and as a USB DAC for an Auralic mini for Qobuz and internet radio.

I have an RP6 too.

Ray

I notice you're selling your Elicit R .

So have you experienced your Bono moment now, if you dont mind me asking?

Looking back to the Osiris original uk reviews some found it a bit polite.

Hi Rod

Bono has been replaced by the White Stripes/Dusty Springfield (I just don't know what to do with myself). Indecision has crept in - i would like to try a Supernait 3 or I might try the Aethos or even Osiris again - either way my left nut sez time for a better amp hence my Elict R is available to discerning PFMers.

Ray

Thanks for the idea and I am sure it would for vinyl replay but tbh I play cds and stream more than I play my small record collection these days.

You're still Bono but now "stuck in a moment you cant get out of"

Shouldn't you have your next amp , because you sell your old one ?

Im thinking about the Nait 3 as well. It all depends on which front end i go for though. A Naim streamer or music server?

I currently have Saturn and Elicit R pair, with Kudos C20. Bluesound Node 2 i into Saturn Dac.

Its some way off though, too many property bills to pay and travel season tickets.

Well if you try the SN 3 let us know how you get on please.

"Sooner or later one of must know".

Cheers Rod

They give it top characters, 10 which I think is their highest for sound related to price, one of the products they will remember best from 2019.
Only thing they didn’t like was the remote!

Finally got my Aethos, been on order for two weeks, I’m pleased to report Rega sorted out the issue with the dodgy potentiometer, it’s much improved over the original demo model. I’m absolutely delighted with it so far.
What is the rest of your system Craig75?

RP8 Apheta 2
Aria
Aethos
PMC twenty5.24 (Townshend Seismic bars)
Arcam Cd73
Tellurium Q black diamond cabling.

Very nice. I'm looking towards a rega aria into Elex-r (to be replaced with aethos) plus rega dac-r into neat motive sx3 (replaced with either neat ekstra or spendor a7) at a future point. Plus rega P8.

Very nice. I'm looking towards a rega aria into Elex-r (to be replaced with aethos) plus rega dac-r into neat motive sx3 (replaced with either neat ekstra or spendor a7) at a future point. Plus rega P8.

I’m smitten with my Rega system now, always sounded wonderful with my valve amp but now the Aethos is in place it has more transparency and timing, works really well through the PMC’s also. Every time I’ve listened to Neat speakers I’ve always been very impressed, momentum SX5i and the old ultimatum. I demo’d the D7 against the PMC and for me the PMC won quite convincingly so personally I’d probably stick with Neat!

I am currently using a Rega Brio R and looking to upgrade. The Brio is definitely one of the finest in terms of value. I had initially shortlisted the Aethos and Supernait 3, I live in Singapore and the Aethos has yet to reach our shores. I auditioned the Supernait 3 and is impressed by it's performance. It definitely outperform my Brio in all categories( sound stage, bass, control, etc). In most of reviews that I had read about the Aethos the common complain is about the volume control; most of the reviewers preferred the Supernait 3.
In my search of a amplifier upgrade, one brand keeps popping up which is Luxman. The amplifier had certain aesthetic appeal which I really dig especially the VU meter and its build like a tank with loads of features. There is no chance for me to audition the Luxman as there is no distributor in my country. I managed to contact their supplier in hong kong whom provided me a quote. The Aethos retails for about USD 4K, Supernait 3 is USD 4.8K, Luxman 507uxII is USD 4.9K, Luxman 509X is USD 7.6K.
I am thinking of splurging on the Luxman 509X to be my final end game amplifier. What do you guys think. Opinions much appreciated.

advertisement

Back