advertisement

Rega Aethos?

Have a dac-r at the moment but if upgrading my stereo in the future would be keen to listen to a chord dac.

I've had a Hugo for a short period
Owned Rega Dac for years

Hugo was very impressive at first
Later on I thought it was a bit sterile
Some records were great, some unlistenable
Not so with Rega Dac

Finally I hated the design, the RCA issue (early version) and certainly the battery.
Sold it on.

Rega Dac is a steal s/h

I've had a Hugo for a short period
Owned Rega Dac for years

Hugo was very impressive at first
Later on I thought it was a bit sterile
Some records were great, some unlistenable
Not so with Rega Dac

Finally I hated the design, the RCA issue (early version) and certainly the battery.
Sold it on.

Rega Dac is a steal s/h
That's interesting, thanks for your view.

Quite a few good reviews of the sn3 , HiFi critic has a in-depth one in latest issue . But as this is a thread on the regs amp maybe I should not sidetrack from that

Would love to hear this with planar 10, alpheat 3, aura mc and maybe some spendor a7s or neat ekstras. Shame rega aren't making a high end dac to complete the setup.

Would be good to compare to SN3 too.

They have discontinued the Rega Dac.

I thought it would have been good to introduce a higher end dac too. They are not interested in streaming, but for those who like their sound, they could buy a third party streamer transport and then use it with the dac, to Rega-fy the sonic character and blend in with their other higher end Rega products.

It could have been an upgrade to the Satiurn R too.

I guess the Rega dac didn't do so well for them and they have to focus on vinyl and amps, which have done rather well.

I thought it would have been good to introduce a higher end dac too. They are not interested in streaming, but for those who like their sound, they could buy a third party streamer transport and then use it with the dac, to Rega-fy the sonic character and blend in with their other higher end Rega products.

I guess the Rega dac didn't do so well for them and they have to focus on vinyl and amps, which have done rather well.
Yes was aware of that, I have the rega dac r and think it is very good. Would be good if they did continue with their dacs and add a higher end one as then you get the full rega sound. No need for a streaming platform as there are plenty to choose from.

if the Apollo had a USB digital input so that it could be used as a DAC for a computer source,
I’d probably have one.

if the Apollo had a USB digital input so that it could be used as a DAC for a computer source,
I’d probably have one.

That was one of the reasons that I upgraded to a Saturn-r, so that, should I choose to stream in the future, I could utilise the Saturn-r’s DAC.
Have only, to date, used the input to stream Amazon music, but am thinking about getting one of those minute bluesound node things, or maybe an Auralic Mini, to play around with...

That was one of the reasons that I upgraded to a Saturn-r, so that, should I choose to stream in the future, I could utilise the Saturn-r’s DAC.
Have only, to date, used the input to stream Amazon music, but am thinking about getting one of those minute bluesound node things, or maybe an Auralic Mini, to play around with...

I’d recommend it. I have Roon hooked up to my local digital library and Roon. I stream to an inexpensive Raspberry Pi running Ropieee (thanks to some Fishes recommendation). It’s great.

I’d love a Saturn-R. At that price (in the USA), I’d be tempted to hear the tube Line Magnetic CD player with digital in, too.

advertisement

Back