Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Reference Fidelity Components Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'trade discussion' started by Pac1, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Pac1

Pac1 Designer/Manufacturer

Thanks for your support gents, always much appreciated :D

2. rich46

rich46 quad rules

Saturn 5 metre XLR ARRIVED FITTED AND FIRST REVIEW IS GOOD service excellent

3. Pac1

Many thanks for the feedback :)

4. brian2957

brian2957 pfm Member

I've been using a hybrid set of Reference Plutos fitted with silver Eichmann plugs . Outstanding cables , opened the sound of my system right up. I'm well pleased with them and the service I received from Paul.

5. rich46

rich46 quad rules

xlr cables between MUSICAL FIDELITY m8 and power amps with short speaker cables as been a big improvement. is there any problems with pauls cables YES should have done it soon.

6. Pac1

Thanks guys, your feedback is much appreciated.

7. Bourneendboy

Bourneendboy pfm Member

After scaling back my system to DAC and active speakers, it only left me one area to play with, interconnects!

After experimenting with various pairs, I settled on Mogami with Neutrik Profile plugs, they were the 'best of the bunch'.

I then started reading about the RFC cables here and emailed Paul to ask his suggestion. He quickly responded with a recommendation of the Neptune's. Well I bit the bullet and ordered a 1.5mtr pair. A few days later they arrived, well packaged and look to be very well made.

I swapped out with the Mogami cables and had a quick listen. Wow, what an improvement, the main thing being the way they really open up the sound. I'm not one for fine descriptions of changes in particular areas, I just decide whether it is better or not. The Neptune's are far better for sure!

Thanks for a great service and a high quality cable that sounds superb!

Cheers,
    Bill

8. rich46

rich46 quad rules

good honest guy hope is sales keeping going up. vg cables indeed

9. Chris Tarling

Chris Tarling Yellow Hound

Very old thread resurrection!
    I'm about to order an RFC Venus interconnect and would be interested if anyone has a link to HiFi Choice review?
    Just interested to read it - it won't sway my ordering decision.

10. jandl100

jandl100 jandl100

I do recall it got a very positive review and was Recommended.

I'd imagine that Paul @RFC has a digital copy.

Chris Tarling likes this.
  11. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

you can tell how good stuff is by how fast it sells , guarantee if you put one up for sale it would sell in 6 hours flat . very popular stuff i have had 2 pairs and use pauls stuff as well

12. jandl100

jandl100 jandl100

Yup I've got 2 pairs of his Mercury interconnects, seriously good!

13. jamie123

jamie123 pfm Member

just to add,
    i use rfc venus and lets just say i no longer have any thoughts about other interconnects. good ofc cable and very good quality rca plugs from furutech which cost a bomb! by the time you knock those of the price the venus really is a huge bargain!

14. Chris Tarling

Have placed an order for one today.
    Would love to read the article though - out of curiosity!

hifinutt likes this.
  15. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

As mentioned Paul will have on on file for you

16. rich46

rich46 quad rules

balanced cable was excellent i purchased a few yrs ago, recently tried a very expensive one to try listen sent back not needed

17. Chris Tarling

A full copy of the HiFi Choice review is proving elusive - Paul can't easily lay his hands on it.
    Anyway - Paul delivered to me (way faster than I expected!) two coaxial digital cables and a pair of Reference Venus RCA interconnects.
    The workmanship is top notch and I am delighted with the cables.
    The Reference Venus is phenomenal and even the 'cooking' coaxial cables have brought a noticeable uplift in transparency.

jamie123 likes this.
  18. eisenach

eisenach #JeSuisProf

Do you know what the date of the issue is ? I may have a copy lurking. I certainly remember reading the review.

Chris Tarling likes this.
  19. Chris Tarling

Something like Oct 2012?

20. HIGHLANDER9148

HIGHLANDER9148 pfm Member

May have been Sept 2012 there was an interconnect choice article?