advertisement

Rediscovering Musical gems...

Michael L

pfm Member
Following a comment from the Glasgow Irish about side one of Atom Heart mother being a work of art, I gave it a spin. First time in ooooo if not longer. Actually, to be honest, its an album I've had for years but whispers not actually played...

It is wonderful.

This set my tiny mind whirring: there must be pieces of music that we have in back catalogue, have known for years but not visited since before Doris Day was a virgin.

Has anyone else had a damascene moment - the late realisation that they have been avoiding a piece of music for years when they should know better?

Regards

Mike

(Belted out Another Music In A Different Kitchen at dead good levels this afternoon.... ahhhh, Buzzcocks...)

[Atom Heart Mother] is wonderful.
It sure is, Mike. It's not my goal to spoil your joy about PF's artistic achievement, but try and give a listen to the piece called Ma Mère l'Oye by French composer Maurice Ravel. Even die-hard PF fans admit that the similarities are troubling, to say the least.

Otherwise my copy of Passion by Peter Gabriel remained shelved for ten years before I finally found out what a masterpiece it was.

advertisement

Back