advertisement

Records

nbaptista

pfm Member
I have a few Pink Floyd, Doors, Supertrump, Sonic Youth in cd format.A few months ago, I bought a Rega P 2 turntable, and só I have been buying a few LP's.So my question : is it worthwhile buy the Ping Floyd álbuns in vinyl format or is useless, since I have the records in cd?

The current issue of “Dark Side Of The Moon”, as available in supermarkets, was being praised on the Naim forum recently. Might be worth starting with that as a taster/tester.

Look around for Grace Jones - Nightclubbing, Lp or 12". The couple after this are not too bad either,

Any of those should sound really, music and sq, you can pick them up in charity shops etc, cheap as chips.

Bloss

Look around for Grace Jones - Nightclubbing, Lp or 12". The couple after this are not too bad either,

Any of those should sound really, music and sq, you can pick them up in charity shops etc, cheap as chips.

Bloss

I have never seen any Grace Jones records in a charity shop, tell me where to find them?

Reactions: MVJ
There are loads of great LP's in charity shops just don't look for rare/special examples, Also be prepared to invest in some method of cleaning any SH vinyl like a Knosti Antistatic or spin Clean as a Starting point.

Then you really need to listen to Pink Floyd's Pulse on vinyl, then ask your questions. It's very different from the CD versions. Highly recommended. It might trigger a bout of Upgradeitis.

I can only suggest that you buy a new copy and listen for yourself.... only you can judge what sounds good on your system.
I think I will start for DSOTM and after The Wall. I like the lyrics of Pink Floyd songs,with their philosophy.

I have found today a 1979 "The Wall" vinyl (portuguese edition 1979) all analogue, I´m buying it. I think it will sound better than a 2016 remastered edition.What you think? It is in very well condition, like new...

The recent The Wall remaster on CD absolutely knocks spots off the original UK vinyl version I have. The 40 year old LP sounds fine but the latest CD version is one of those where sounds you never noticed before are audible in the mix and take you by surprise. That isn't some people's idea of 'good' but there are clearly details dug out of the mix that I've missed up to now.

I have a few Pink Floyd, Doors, Supertrump, Sonic Youth in cd format.A few months ago, I bought a Rega P 2 turntable, and só I have been buying a few LP's.So my question : is it worthwhile buy the Ping Floyd álbuns in vinyl format or is useless, since I have the records in cd?

I haven't come across the Supertrump album.
I assume it's a rare American pressing.

advertisement

Back