advertisement

Record Store Day 2021

Just listened to Two Against Nature. It’s sublime. Have to hold my hand up, it’s a personal favourite. Almost certainly the CD I’ve played more than any. Ever. I was completely bought into the newsgroup (!) discussions about the album for a few years before release and amazingly it didn’t disappoint.
Never heard the original vinyl (that Becker and Fagan didn’t sign off) so this was a big deal.
It’s an immaculate pressing. Aside from the credits cock up on Negative Girl (where the credits for the title track have been mistakenly copied and pasted).
Sound wise it’s tremendous. It was always quite ridiculously digital and precise and unforgiving in that respect.
I think this certainly softens it a bit…but I’ll need to do some close comparisons in due course.
The extended coda/outro of West Of Hollywood is blissfully doing its thing still…

I got what i wanted but i noticed the flippers were able to get multiple copies of rsd records,I thought it was one per person

Just listened to Two Against Nature. It’s sublime. Have to hold my hand up, it’s a personal favourite. Almost certainly the CD I’ve played more than any. Ever. I was completely bought into the newsgroup (!) discussions about the album for a few years before release and amazingly it didn’t disappoint.
Never heard the original vinyl (that Becker and Fagan didn’t sign off) so this was a big deal.
It’s an immaculate pressing. Aside from the credits cock up on Negative Girl (where the credits for the title track have been mistakenly copied and pasted).
Sound wise it’s tremendous. It was always quite ridiculously digital and precise and unforgiving in that respect.
I think this certainly softens it a bit…but I’ll need to do some close comparisons in due course.
The extended coda/outro of West Of Hollywood is blissfully doing its thing still…

Hopefully my copy arrives tomorrow. I never sought out the original vinyl for the reason it wasn’t signed off, so having read this, I can’t wait!

Everything Must Go up now. Again an excellent pressing and sounds fantastic.
It’s my least favourite Dan album as it’s the only one that doesn’t have its own unique character and sound. It’s always been 2VN part 2 for me.
But having said that…I’m enjoying this very much. Things I Miss The Most, Godwhacker and Lunch With Gina could easily have made the cut on its predecessor. Slang Of Ages would not. Walter singing lead on a Dan song was a baaaad idea!

Well worth the purchase though. Again I totally missed the original vinyl issue. I’m pretty sure it’s made me appreciate the album more than previously.

I never sought out the original vinyl for the reason it wasn’t signed off, so having read this, I can’t wait!

I had a copy and it was lovely, but it just got so valuable, and the CD also sounds superb, so I sold it a few years ago! In hindsight it worked out rather well as I got more for it than I spent on both the Dans and Nubya Garcia 12” yesterday. I didn’t realise the original wasn’t signed off, it was a very nice quiet flat pressing and sounded very like the CD (which as stated I really like). Certainly nothing wrong with it, though stretching it to three sides on this issue will have given some more headroom. It appears there was an earlier vinyl issue of Everything Must Go too. I’ve never seen one in the wild. That one is all new to me, I’d never heard any of it until yesterday. I like it so far.

Picked up the 2 Dans today and listening to Two Against Nature just now. It sounds fantastic. I agree with earlier comments about it sounding less digital and more organic. Just need to make sure I don’t attempt to play the (blank) side 4!

advertisement

Back