advertisement

Record Store Day 2021

Anyone ventured into the nasty toxic outside to buy anything today? I’ve not, I do rather want the Nubya Garcia 12”, though it is crazy expensive (when did a 12” single become >£20, and who exactly agreed that was ok?!) and I’m vaguely interested in the Steely Dan vinyl, but really that’s about it for this one. Not a lot shouting at me from the list.

The two Dans, Focus and Ultravox here from my little local indie. John Martyn was also on my list, but it's been bumped to the July drop.

I need to look at the Rsd second drop as this one has nothing for me.

The cross-sell angle works though as when browsing the RSD stock online this evening I ended up buying the 4 X LP anniversary of The Avalanches Since I Left You. Perhaps as much because I can't believe it's 20 years as anything else!

Hoped to get Me’shell Ndegeocello’s Peace Beyond Passion and Toots & The Maytals Funky Kingston, snagged the former but not the latter.

I expect Mr Hibbert to turn up later...

Nearly got a signed dirty three from resident but by the time I'd looked at something else and come back it had gone. Probably for the best as £64 was a bit much anyway.

Just caved-in and bought the Nubya Garcia and both Dan from Wax & Beans in Bury - I can pick them up next week, it is within easy cycling distance.

LKJ, Scratch and Mulatu Astatke from Wax and Beans for me, they have sold out the Nubya Garcia. Ben and Lou and the gang are building a good thing there.
Someone above mentioned the Ghost Town 40th (40th!) anniversary reissue 12". It sounds great! Buy it! :)

LKJ, Scratch and Mulatu Astatke from Wax and Beans for me, they have sold out the Nubya Garcia. Ben and Lou and the gang are building a good thing there.
Someone above mentioned the Ghost Town 40th (40th!) anniversary reissue 12". It sounds great! Buy it! :)

Piccadilly Records still have Nubya Garcia in stock

Found the Nubya at Sound Knowledge in Marlborough this afternoon (I’m not familiar with this artist but as she’s recommended here, I bought a copy) but no sign of the two Dan albums. Found Everything Must Go online but no sign of Two Against Nature.

Picked up my three (Nubya + 2xDan) from Wax & Beans earlier. All looking good. Very large centre hole in the second LP of Two Against Nature though, big enough to make centring an issue.

Found the Nubya at Sound Knowledge in Marlborough this afternoon (I’m not familiar with this artist but as she’s recommended here, I bought a copy) but no sign of the two Dan albums. Found Everything Must Go online but no sign of Two Against Nature.

Both Dans (which I already have on CD) were there at Red House Records in Swindon

I bagged the Focus and out of interest because the wacky cover appealed the Elton John pre-debut, which isnt bad at all

Just giving Everything Must Go a spin now. First time I’ve ever heard it as it was the only Dan album I was missing. Enjoying it so far. I notice some are whinging about skipping on Discogs. It is perfect here; flat, quiet and really punchy. This is a great sounding cut! Anyone know who mastered it?

Just giving Everything Must Go a spin now. First time I’ve ever heard it as it was the only Dan album I was missing. Enjoying it so far. I notice some are whinging about skipping on Discogs. It is perfect here; flat, quiet and really punchy. This is a great sounding cut! Anyone know who mastered it?
I think it’s a really good album, I have the original press on vinyl, SQ is exceptional. I really don’t understand why people are so down on it.

Anyone seen a copy of the signed Ron Carter Golden Striker numbered/signed album in the wild at all? It is on the RSD ‘drop 1’ list, but I can’t see any hard evidence of it existing and some shops are suggesting it is ‘drop 2’. I certainly can’t find one to buy (short of eBay, which I suspect are flipper pre-sales)!

Chris Bellman, I think....at Bernie Grundman Mastering. Agreed on the SQ of this one - flawless pressing, amazing bottom end. Two Against Nature is excellent, but this is better.

I bagged the Focus and out of interest because the wacky cover appealed the Elton John pre-debut, which isnt bad at all

Played through the Focus a couple of times today. I know these tracks inside out, but they've sprinkled something magical on this - absolutely fantastic pressing. Really high quality packaging too.

I was hoping to get Buzzcocks - A different compilation (Pink vinyl)

Can't find it anywhere, looks like it's been one of the more popular RSD releases

advertisement

Back