advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

We saw ‘Wrath of Man’ (2021) yesterday, via Amazon

A Guy Ritchie film with (local youth) Jason Statham.

It is a heist film, with timeline jumps back and forth.

We described it as Competent, but nothing special.
Certainly no humour in the Direction/Script which can be a trait of Ritchie.

The soundtrack was so-so.

Some interest in guessing who the ‘inside man,’ was, which The Wife did immediately.

The Power of the Dog was OK, took a long route to say something. Benedict Cumberbatch is not very convincing as a cowboy, his attempt at a suitably manly walk is comedic.

We saw ‘Wrath of Man’ (2021) yesterday, via Amazon

A Guy Ritchie film with (local youth) Jason Statham.

It is a heist film, with timeline jumps back and forth.

We described it as Competent, but nothing special.
Certainly no humour in the Direction/Script which can be a trait of Ritchie.

The soundtrack was so-so.

Some interest in guessing who the ‘inside man,’ was, which The Wife did immediately.
There are number of red flags which would prevent me from even watching it.

Arcane on Netflix, animation so may put some off but really well voiced, a lot better than some of the live action stuff out there. Based on a vid game but no need to know anything about it to enjoy.

Apparently, there's a documentary coming out shortly about the spread of the coronavirus and the theory that it had been developed as a biological weapon. It offers evidence that two Chinese scientists from Wuhan had been booked on a flight back to China from KL and had been about to blow the whistle. They missed the plane; the flight they were booked on was MH370.

Sounds unmissable to me. Look our for it. Called: Two Wongs don't make a flight.

Apparently, there's a documentary coming out shortly about the spread of the coronavirus and the theory that it had been developed as a biological weapon. It offers evidence that two Chinese scientists from Wuhan had been booked on a flight back to China from KL and had been about to blow the whistle. They missed the plane; the flight they were booked on was MH370.

Sounds unmissable to me. Look our for it. Called: Two Wongs don't make a flight.

You having an off day?

Was that not maybe the point? He was trying to disguise his nature with what he thought was a “manly” walk. So Cumberbatch was acting someone who was acting.
Mmm, maybe. I could think of better choices but I suppose they have to sell the film. I thought it was a bit dull but it passed a couple of hours.

That is no explanation.

What has a red flag got to do with them?

I don’t understand your prejudice.
Its pretty obvious, Guy Ritchie films are generally terrible & I don't like Statham either. I wouldn't watch a film with the Rock in or Steven Segal also.

Its pretty obvious, Guy Ritchie films are generally terrible & I don't like Statham either. I wouldn't a film with the Rock in or Steven Segal also.

Luckily we aren’t film snobs.

My Brother-in-Law is a Professor of Independent Film, so I am used to folk having narrow minded views.

Didn’t feel in the mood for the Three Colours Trilogy :)

I agree with you about Segal though, and will raise you Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Luckily we aren’t film snobs.

My Brother-in-Law is a Professor of Independent Film, so I am used to folk having narrow minded views.

Didn’t feel in the mood for the Three Colours Trilogy :)

I agree with you about Segal though, and will raise you Jean-Claude Van Damme.
It's not totally about being a film snob, the opposite of course is that I will watch some actors in anything, Robert Redford is an example of this. I have similar feelings about Tarantino; I quite liked a couple of early films but his later output has generally been almost a parody of itself. I am currently watching 'Titans' on Netflix, its hardly highbrow but is quite well done.

You got me good and proper then!!! Nice one :D

(Was right looking forward to it all :().

advertisement

Back