advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

The Responder on BBC Iplayer is fabulous.

On record for future viewing. Wifey picked up on a couple of stories… apparently the female corpse blinked twice and some idiots are deeply shocked and offended at the way Liverpool is depicted: a big city with a crime problem….

On record for future viewing. Wifey picked up on a couple of stories… apparently the female corpse blinked twice and some idiots are deeply shocked and offended at the way Liverpool is depicted: a big city with a crime problem….

The heart of the story is of a cop worn down by the grind of the criminality he faces. It is based on the mental health difficulties that the writer faced when he was a copper.

Binge watched all of The Responder last night, superb! Best TV drama I have watched in a long time, great performance from a Martin Freeman.

His performance is incredible but, so far, I am most blown away by Josh Finan, who plays Marco. Researching him, last night, he is a Liverpool native who ended up at the Old Vic theatre school and performing for the RSC; he is absolutely spot on in the role he plays.

His performance is incredible but, so far, I am most blown away by Josh Finan, who plays Marco. Researching him, last night, he is a Liverpool native who ended up at the Old Vic theatre school and performing for the RSC; he is absolutely spot on in the role he plays.

Yes, Marco, Casey etc excellent cast all round.

known him since he was 3-4 in a local drama school (Bebington) with my daughter, he was always the standout tbh

Anyone watched 'Roadrunner: A film about Anthony Bourdain' on Prime? Loved all his travelling series but not sure if I want to pay for a documentary. Or perhaps I should stop being a tight git.

I mentioned Roadrunner a few pages back; very entertaining, insightful and heartbreaking…. I’ve watched other Food/Travel series but never got a past a few episodes, like Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy and Somebody Feed Phil - just about acceptable. Bourdain was the MAN.

advertisement

Back