Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by tones, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

Blood Red Sky - Netflix - Citizen Kane it isn't, but if for two hours you want to wander off into a weird world of vampires on a plane then this is the movie for you. Is it nonsense? Yes of course, but it's also rather entertaining! :D

Snufkin likes this.
  2. Colin L

Colin L High-tech low-life

Rewatching S1 of Altered Carbon on Netflix. Picking up so much more second time around. Maybe the best thing Ive watched for 10 years. A must-see if you haven’t yet.

3. kanwar

kanwar pfm Member

Is this a docu, film or TV series?
    Cheers.

4. chartz

chartz If it’s broke fix it!

A film.

5. kanwar

kanwar pfm Member

I found a 1999 Hollywood movie by that name with very dodgy reviews and an Indian/Malaysian 2019 flick. I guess it’s the latter(?)

6. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

The Boy on Netflix, there's a couple with the same title, it's the one about a kid living on a run down motel.....dark.

7. Spraggons Den

Spraggons Den pfm Member

Just finished all 8 episodes of Farming with Jeremy Clarkson on Amazon, obviously it plays on his flaws a lot but we came to appreciate the life and patterns of contemporary farming.

8. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Hawkwind and Fire

Stuck in bed with a slipped disc flare up for most of this weekend. Dunno if it's the codeine, but have REALLY been digging 'Transparent' on Prime.

9. Komarfamily

Komarfamily pfm Member

Just watched songbird...

ks.234 likes this.
  10. Somafunk

Somafunk pfm Member

Blood Red Sky on Netflix, don’t bother……..lasted an hr but really should’ve turned it off after 30mins. The one redeeming feature is the soundtrack by Dascha Dauenhauer, dark and menacing and on Tidal

Wolfmancatsup likes this.
  11. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

I gave up after 1hr 10mins, realising there was still an hour to go. It might have been ok - just - with a running time of 75mins or so, but not the length it is.

Mick

12. Watched nothing but Bosch (following posts about his system on here and never having watched it) or The Hundred (Cricket) for the last 3 weeks. Just started season 5 of Bosch, it's not up there with the very best but it does draw you in and it's a very enjoyable way to pass the time.

Cheers BB

13. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

Kärlek och anarki - Love & Anarchy on Netflix
    A Swedish Comedy- we binged it in two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it ( in Swedish - always avoid dubbed versions)

14. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

A bit miffed as it started very well, just can’t bring myself to watch any more episodes (watched 4 I think) of Justified, last one I watched was naff so I’ve packed it in.

Need something similar, will start looking.

(Just watched ‘Time’, Sean Bean/Stephen Graham, very good).

15. Tantris

Tantris pfm Member

I enjoyed watching Bosch over the last few weeks, having seen it mentioned here. I've just starting watching Rake (the Australian series with Richard Roxburgh), on Netflix, and am also enjoying that. We're usually several years behind on films and TV series, but it's quite interesting to see some of the themes appear on both Bosch and Rake, as they try to make reference to contemporary events, on which there may be a slightly different perspective now.

16. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Rake is very good, a bit daft but enjoyable. Kind of given up on Bosch, it tries to be better than it is if that makes sense?

17. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

I don't watch TV, but I finally got round to watching Alex Winter's Zappa doc on Prime last night (the first thing I've watched for about a year). Really good, although I wish he hadn't done the obvious thing and used Watermelon in Easter Hay over the closing credits. Frank would have hated the sentimentality of that.

18. oldius

oldius Can pleasure be measured?

I see District 9 is now on Netflix - what a film.

Jezzer, Colin L, Big Tabs and 2 others like this.
  19. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Just started The Handmaid's Tail - Series 1. Watched four episodes. Binge-alert...

20. chartz

chartz If it’s broke fix it!

Very depressing series. Excellent nonetheless.

wacko and Andrew C! like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.