Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by tones, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Finished Sweet Tooth earlier today, an astonishing piece of work & I hope there is a 2nd series.

Ben&Ted, Ali T and Amber Audio like this.
  2. Barry123

Barry123 pfm Member

Haven’t seen that in years, had them both on video. Pretty grim

3. Barry123

Barry123 pfm Member

Tenet was awful, the backwards/forwards scenes were very clever. Nothing else was

Wolfmancatsup, Fatmarley and AndyU like this.
  4. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Just finished watching the final episode of 'Time'.
    What a powerful piece of work - not to be missed.

5. stormyuklondon1

stormyuklondon1 pfm Member

All three series of Count Arthur Strong on Netflix. Nice, gentle comedy that I find absolutely hilarious. Love it.

Big Tabs and cooky1257 like this.
  6. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

On Amazon Prime, The Real Manhunter. Very well done documentary series about DCI Collin Sutton, one episode per case. In my view, the man is very impressive - a quiet, thoughtful hero and a great role model for all police.

Woodface likes this.
  7. Jakob

Jakob Member

Interesting that this was written by Chuck Lorre who was the mastermind behind ‘The Big Bang Theory’ the long running story of the relationships between YOUNG Californian scientists. The use of a clever scripting and a unique lead in Sheldon Cooper made it very popular with the more elderly.
    Worth revisiting ..On Netflix.
    J

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  8. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Second series of Lupin now out. French crime drama with subtitles and a slightly off beat premise. Lightweight but well done and enjoyable

9. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

+1

DonQuixote99 likes this.
  10. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Many thanks. Enjoyed all the series so far, despite it being guilty of my pet hate, a ‘hard man’ who can’t throw a punch.

11. wulbert

wulbert pfm Member

Tell me where I can watch it then.

12. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

BBC iplayer.

13. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Yes, I remember watching Once Were Warriors and Romper Stomper with Russell Crowe in the same sitting. Uplifting stuff LOL

Romper I'd recommend to anyone who doubted that Crowe wasn't a charasmatic future star in the making. He steals the show. It also shows the tough parts of Melbourne that I remember 30 years ago that are now trendy / 'gentrified'.
    https://www.sbs.com.au/movies/revie...ew-movie-david-stratton-famously-refused-rate

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Big Tabs likes this.
  14. wulbert

wulbert pfm Member

Cheers Webster, will have a look.

webster likes this.
  15. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Just watched Dunkirk for the first time on Prime. Wow, what a stunning piece of work. The soundtrack and limited dialogue really did it for me.

Big Tabs, AndyU and Suffolk Tony like this.
  16. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Just keeps on giving, great characters, new ones introduced steadily, nicely paced, ever building plot line that goes deeper and deeper towards……..(oblivion!).

17. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Dunkirk is a great movie. There’s some interesting stuff on YouTube about the soundtrack, like this:

matt j likes this.
  18. chartz

chartz If it’s broke fix it!

You mean Dunkerque?
    I couldn’t find Dunkirk.

19. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

20. chartz

chartz If it’s broke fix it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.