Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by tones, Jan 15, 2020.

1. billo

billo pfm Member

It was quite good. If you have followed the whole series then 2 things stand out
    1/ He is still driving the same battered Fiat as a police car.
    2/ In 7 series we have had 6 Livia's (his girlfriend) each one younger than the last :)

2. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

The sequel to the The Haunting of Hill House is on Netflix—The Haunting of Bly Manor.

It's an adaptation of Henry James' Turn of the Screw.

It's pretty good so far—apart from some horrendous English accents that Dick Van Dyke would be proud of.

Stephen

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  3. rubber

rubber pfm Member

Inbred on Amazon

4. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

Two thousand thumbs-up for My Octopus Teacher on Netflix :)

AndyU and Hook like this.
  5. fama

fama pfm Member

Yeah I wondered if I'd seen that Livia before.

6. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Not for everyone, hope they make series 4, really high up on the list as far as my fav shows go

DAVEDWACK and tonerei like this.
  7. tonerei

tonerei pfm Member

We are just getting ready to watch the last two episodes so hoping for more. It doesn't show up any side in a good light. It is fiction that is probably closer to the truth unfortunately.

8. KrisW

KrisW pfm Member

Bullet holes aside, it's in pretty good condition for what is now a 29-year-old car. The Young Montalbano series, set in 1991~1992, features the same grey Tipo.

The police patrol cars are all fairly old models too: one of many visual clues that Vigata is not high on the list when it comes to requisitioning equipment. It's a recurring theme of the books that the National Police generally play second fiddle to the Carabinieri, and a small Sicilian station is inevitably going to get hand-me-downs.

9. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity

Into the second series of Gomorra on Sky Atlantic.
    Thankfully I’m not squeamish, but I’d never be an Italian drug dealing gangster.
    The subtitles are very well done, taking nothing away from the nastiness on screen.

10. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

It gets better & better. Some really harrowing scenes ahead.

AndyU and Tony Lockhart like this.
  11. Currently enjoying Aussie drama Mystery Road on the BBC I-Player.

Cheers BB

12. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I have them recorded waiting for a binge watch. The previous series were excellent too.

13. We went straight from Season 1 to Season 2.

Cheers BB

14. fama

fama pfm Member

Life ............
    Alison Steedman Peter Davison
    iPlayer

15. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Bleak and pretty ridiculous in equal measure, I thought. A fan of both but thought they were wasted in this. The writer's Dr. Foster was far more plausible.

16. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Gomorrah is splendid. Have a look for Suburra. Same kind of thing, Rome instead of Naples. There’s a series and a film.

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  17. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Took advantage of 99 p offer on prime for Starsplay and acorn tv , Fringe and the second season of Manhunt 'deadly games' about the Atlanta bomber.

18. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Is it on Netflix?

19. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Yes, at least here in Italy it is. Another excellent Italian drama is “On My Skin”.

20. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Cool, will search for that

AndyU likes this.