advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez" is now on Netflix. This is some story. If you can imagine a top footballer player in the Premier League embroiled in 3 murders with two of them down to a spilt drink then you have some idea what this story covers. Very well put together doc.

Sex Education.
Both Series.

I admit that I'm somewhat emotionally retarded but I've found it to be the funniest and most truthful thing I've watched in, well, a long time.

Can't recommend it enough.

Ex sexual health professional.

Sex Education.
Both Series.

I admit that I'm somewhat emotionally retarded but I've found it to be the funniest and most truthful thing I've watched in, well, a long time.

Can't recommend it enough.

Ex sexual health professional.
We’re half way through series two. Superb! Witty, clever, moving, just a really pleasurable, entertaining, beautifully made series. Thought Series 1 was very good, but series 2 is even better.

Ferrari 312B on Prime. Film following the restoration of this fabulous car with racing footage and interviews with the likes of Foghieri, Ickx, Lauda and Stewart. Great stuff.

We’re half way through series two. Superb! Witty, clever, moving, just a really pleasurable, entertaining, beautifully made series. Thought Series 1 was very good, but series 2 is even better.

Another vote for Sex Education - absolutely superb.

has no one mentioned 'The Boys' on Amazon Prime...great dark fun with some great characters, including Karl Urban (ST Bones) doing a Dick Van Dyke cockney but very sweary...recommended

Has Succession (HBO) been mentioned ?

I watched the first one and a half episodes a few months back & gave up. Last month I started watching from e5 with my sister and b-in-law and started to enjoy it a lot more. Now really enjoying Season 2...

I watched the first one and a half episodes a few months back & gave up. Last month I started watching from e5 with my sister and b-in-law and started to enjoy it a lot more. Now really enjoying Season 2...

hmmm. i also gave up early in season 1. similar situation as with star trek disco where you hate ALL of the characters.

Succession is magnificent. Utterly repulsive characters who are totally enjoyable. Takes a couple of episodes before you hook into its humour. Brian Cox won a well deserved Best Actor - even lying inert on life support in a hospital bed he somehow radiated such intense power. The world of powerful people is probably more like this than we realise. Started series 2 last night, feels even better. Good music too. And I think I’ve got the hots for Shiv.

Well I’m further through series 2 of Succession now, it just gets better and better, thrilling, intelligent, funny, violent, extraordinary performances and writing and filming, definitely heading towards being one of the best five tv series I’ve ever seen. Highly recommended. You need to listen, and you need to look at everyone’s face all the time.

Just finished Succession Series 2 last night. A tremendous series, just gets better and better. Lately we’ve been watching an episode twice just to pick up on the things we missed the first time round. Not quite sure how to follow it. If anyone is interested in the music, which was very fine, there’s an interesting video here of the composer talking about it and playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back