advertisement

Recommended mid-range TV in case of interest

Cootie

In case of interest I thought I’d recommend a bit of a bargain TV I’ve just bought.

Got a 65’ LG OLED for the man cave earlier in the year, so had thought that was my TV spend for the year done. Unfortunately the 60’ TV in the family room then went pop ten days ago - couldn’t stomach OLED expense again so was looking for a cheapish TV to cater for more casual viewing (kids’ Netflix etc).

Having had a Philips Ambilight TV, which I really liked, back when 1080P was just starting to be mainstream, I decided to take a punt on this:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-an...ed-tv-with-google-assistant-10207671-pdt.html

Long and short, a bit of a bargain and gets much much closer to the picture of my OLED and my Parents’ QLED than I would have imagined. Black level performance is particularly surprising. Might have something to do with it having the same processor at their OLEDs from last year.

A real bargain imho and they also do 50’ @ £499 and 70’ at £849. In isolation I’d certainly say you’d question the need to spend more. Even the Android OS, which I’ve heard criticised in the past, seems pretty intuitive and easy to use.

advertisement

Back