advertisement

Recommended Courier for Loudspeakers

Isobarik

pfm Member
I need a courier for a pair of loudspeakers which are in Halifax, I am in Newcastle Staffs. The speakers measure 850 X 185 X 250 mm and weigh about 18kgs.

Could someone please recommend a courier that won't cost the earth and offer good service.

I've been quoted £55 by a company called Proovia which I haven't heard of.

ive used royal mail special delivery which will carry up to 20kgs and offer insurance up to £2k if you pay a bit extra - i sent speakers and it cost me about £25 and guaranteed delivery next day, other wise ill go through interparcel and use either ups or dpd

My son sold a studio tape machine to someone in London, he's in Glasgow. He strapped it to a pallet and used a pallet delivery company. The bigger it is, the harder it it to lose. Probably harder to damage as well as the pallet will take the knocks.

In my experience, ANY courier is a risk for speakers. You can be lucky or unlucky. The longer or bigger the package, the more likely it is to be mishandled. There are many get-out clauses in compensation terms too. It’s hard to mishandle a pallet, though there’s a cost.

ive used royal mail special delivery which will carry up to 20kgs and offer insurance up to £2k if you pay a bit extra - i sent speakers and it cost me about £25 and guaranteed delivery next day, other wise ill go through interparcel and use either ups or dpd

Ditto. Royal Mail several times: collected from door, reasonable price, quick service, decent level of insurance (assuming they'd pay out, which I believe they are pretty good with - get proof of non-damage before passing to the postie)

Contact: ‘Jack non-smoking man’ on The Maverick Forum. He’s trusted, very reliable, known to many people and very well priced. Just a thought!

I was thinking about this chap's service the other day. Surprised there's no Uber version of this where you can pick a one man band through an app, see his ratings etc. or maybe there is?

There are many get-out clauses in compensation terms too.
I have never managed to get compensation out of them.

I don't understand it. If I put my car into a garage and they damage it, they are responsible. They have not done their job properly. How come couriers demand you pay extra to insure against them not doing what you've already paid them to do? You have to pay to insure against them fecking up?

And then even when you do pay the extra insurance they still do everything they can to avoid compensating you for their mistake? How is that right? How is that legal?

I recently used a site called Shipley - picking up speakers from a fellow fishy who was Edinburgh based - these were brought to London with no issues whatsoever. The site is full of courier firms who are looking to fill their vans up for return trips - go for the ones with the best reviews.

I recently used a site called Shipley - picking up speakers from a fellow fishy who was Edinburgh based - these were brought to London with no issues whatsoever. The site is full of courier firms who are looking to fill their vans up for return trips - go for the ones with the best reviews.

That's exactly the type of service I was thinking about.

If someone builds up a good reputation on one of these services and they're income is dependent on that rep then I could see this being a useful service.

Plus there's much more accountability when dealing with one person rather than a faceless company.

Might give that try

size limit 61cm x 46cm x 46cm so that's no good for the ones mentioned

My son sold a studio tape machine to someone in London, he's in Glasgow. He strapped it to a pallet and used a pallet delivery company. The bigger it is, the harder it it to lose. Probably harder to damage as well as the pallet will take the knocks.
That's how I sent my 36kg Primaluna amp to Manchester, Micro pallet and industrial wrap, perfect, less than 24hr delivery too :)

Courier is now sorted, the guy I am buying them from has offered to deliver them!

Thank you all for your replies, much appreciated.
That's a nice offer. I once drove a 300km round trip to the country to demo an Ayon cd player I was selling, as the buyer couldn't make the trip to demo the player at my house due to commitments. I think he bought the player partly out of guilt of sending me home empty handed, lol. But in the end he was happy with the deal, so it worked out well.

That's a nice offer. I once drove a 300km round trip to the country to demo an Ayon cd player I was selling, as the buyer couldn't make the trip to demo the player at my house due to commitments. I think he bought the player partly out of guilt of sending me home empty handed, lol. But in the end he was happy with the deal, so it worked out well.
Spoke to the seller on the phone, had a nice conversation regards the loudspeakers and delivery. Doing COD which was a nice surprise as I wanted to pay for them via Bank Transfer. Trust!

not sure if RM will take something that big will they ?

i would ask my contact but he`s out delivering parcels right now !!! not a happy bunny when they are too big and has to cart them up blocks of flats . absolute pitb

advertisement

Back