advertisement

Recommendations for a camera backpack?

JTC

PFM Villager...
For 25 years I have had a small Hama TrackPack which despite being quite inexpensive has been decent. However, it doesn't have a good way for attaching a tripod and there are several aspects of it that could be improved. I think it's time to change.

I'm after a backpack that can take a small-to-medium sized camera setup - in my case ideally a Fuji XT2, up to six lenses (including the 100-400 I will eventually buy) and the Q2 body as well, plus a tripod (model/brand still tbc). If it can be super-comfy with nice adjustability then more the better. And if it can be at least rain-proof then fantastic.

Any recommendations? Anything to avoid? Any other considerations?

Thanks.

I bought one of these a couple of years ago. Not cheap, and the wait list was nearly one year!
I bought it for my large format camera, but embarrassingly haven't used that yet:). I have used it with my Mamiya TLR and it works well.
https://atlaspacks.com/

It doesn’t scream camera bag and the comfort is like a good hiking pack. I went for the Athlete pack in grey colour.

Having gone through the same dilemma I settled on an Osprey backpack with an f-stop internal camera unit. Works extremely well, easily carries a mirrorless body with 3 lenses, filters & accessories; still has enough space for a packed lunch & zipped compartments for odds & ends & lightweight waterproofs. At 32l it easily complies with aircraft carry on. Major advantages are its more comfortable & competitively priced against equivalent camera backpacks. It has a brilliant back panel opening & doesn't draw attention to itself & although it's waterproof I also use an Osprey rain cover. Straps on the front & both sides can accommodate a tripod & walking poles

Current pack is a Kamber 30l although the price has risen on this version. Other sizes are available

I bought one of these a couple of years ago. Not cheap, and the wait list was nearly one year!
I bought it for my large format camera, but embarrassingly haven't used that yet:). I have used it with my Mamiya TLR and it works well.
https://atlaspacks.com/

It doesn’t scream camera bag and the comfort is like a good hiking pack. I went for the Athlete pack in grey colour.
They look impressive

advertisement

Back