advertisement

Recommend me some 'buds

Spiderous

pfm Member
Just destroyed my Ultimate Ears Superfi 5s, so am in the market for some new ones. £60 max becasue they are mainly used for travel / running, and the choons on my device are all compressed anyway.

What do people recommend?

Probably outside your budget unless you can pick them up secondhand but Etymotics are good.

Just destroyed my Ultimate Ears Superfi 5s, so am in the market for some new ones. £60 max becasue they are mainly used for travel / running, and the choons on my device are all compressed anyway.

What do people recommend?

Soundmagik E10s are excellent at about £35, but I wouldn't want to run in them, as they're in-ear...all you'd hear would be the pounding of your feet ;)

Soundmagik E10s are excellent at about £35, but I wouldn't want to run in them, as they're in-ear...all you'd hear would be the pounding of your feet ;)

I've found that effectively wearing buds "upside down" and looping the cord around my ears really gets rid of a lot of the micro phonic aspects of the cord when im running.

Unless I get something specifically designed for the gym, it's got to be in-ears for me. I couldn't bring myself to be seen dead dragging my fat 43-year-old-arse around the streets is a pair of Beats or similar.:eek:

I've found that effectively wearing buds "upside down" and looping the cord around my ears really gets rid of a lot of the micro phonic aspects of the cord when im running.

Unless I get something specifically designed for the gym, it's got to be in-ears for me. I couldn't bring myself to be seen dead dragging my fat 43-year-old-arse around the streets is a pair of Beats or similar.:eek:

I'd also include the Sennheiser CX300IIs in that case, they're quite short and stubby, and therefore stay in your ear very well...excellent for the money (although the E10s are better), got mine for £15

I would however stay well clear of the beyerdynamic dtx 101 ie's, very poor for the money, I bought mine based on 5 star reviews, I'd give them four asterisks! the missus is now in possession ;)

I have tried many over the last few years, and my current best choice are Klipsch X10. Great balanced sound - I listen mainly to jazz, and very comfortable as well.

Would not recommend Logitech Ultimate ears 300. I bought some a few months ago specifically for running - supposedly designed for it, and they loop over your ears also.
But the microphonics are appallingly bad - worst I've ever had, only used them once then shelved. Difficult to position correctly too.
They were cheap...

The new Apple earbuds are interesting. They came with the iPhone 5 and sound very good for a cheap pair of buds although I don't know their cost bought separately.

Simon

advertisement

Back