advertisement

Recommend a cartridge for Michell Technoarm

rhgbristol

pfm Member
Has anyone any suitable recommendations for a suitable cartridge that works well in a Michell Tecnoarm (souped-up RB300)
The arm is mounted in a Technics SL1210 on an Origin Live arm plate adaptor.
Currently uses a Dynavector DV10-x4.

Do you like the sound of the dynavector? If so why not trade it in against the next one up that they do. I think it comes as ether a high and low output so you would not need to change your phonostage (unless ou want to of course...)

If you can find a low hours Lyra I have found they work well on my Rega based Audiomods arm. Detailed but still plays a tune plus reasonably high output of around .5mv so any MC phono stage should be OK. I think there is a Argo in the Classifieds for close to budget and a older one at www.Hifi-forSale.co.uk I have a Argo i.

Trade in suggestion though is also a good one.

IMO, and almost regardless of arm, you'll need a Benz ACE to
hit the sweet spot on an SL-1200.

I can second the comments that it will take any cart you like. The best TT I have EVER heard (possibly) was a modded 1210 with a TechnoArm or similar, dragging a (gulp) VdH Grasshopper round. It was dazzling. Now I'm not suggesting you go out and lay down £3000 but it does show it will handle anything you like.

hi there,
i have 4 technics decks all with tecnoarms on, i have used loads of carts to good effect.
nagaoka mp500 awesome.
audio technicas of all mm flavours all great.
dynavectors all worked fine.
ortofon 2m black very nice.
goldring 1040 excellent.
roksan corus black excellent.
technics 250 was brilliant.
some pickering xv 625's also nice if you want a more vintage coloured sound.
all the grados i have tried have a slight hum on systems with efficient spks though....they sound a bit coloured for me though fun.
i did here an original transfiguration cartridge on one of my decks and it sounded superb but only with a funk firm platter.....

Thanks for info so far.
The 1210 and Technoarm is certainly an underrated eyeopener - even with my humble Dv10-x4.

advertisement

Back