advertisement

Rechargeable batteries

graystoke4

pfm Member
Hi, is it worth getting rechargeable battery's, i know you need them in home phones, but i have some for remote controls, and my mouse, torch,
the thing is you can get a ten pack, for the price of two rechargeable, and then you have to charge them up, obviously, also how long does it take to charge them, as my charger does not turn off, when the battery's are fully charged,
am i just wasting money, trying to save the earth, :rolleyes:

Hi, is it worth getting rechargeable battery's, i know you need them in home phones, but i have some for remote controls, and my mouse, torch,
the thing is you can get a ten pack, for the price of two rechargeable, and then you have to charge them up, obviously, also how long does it take to charge them, as my charger does not turn off, when the battery's are fully charged,
am i just wasting money, trying to save the earth, :rolleyes:
I have a panasonic eneloop charger going on 4 years. I've 8 or 10 of the AAs. Think I paid 20quid all on a deal at the time. So doing the maths I think I'm quids in after 4+ years and all of them last a long time between charges. Nice not to dump batteries in the tip!

I use a lot of AA batteries, always have done as I have always lived outside town so for half the year use a torch very regularly. That apart, nothing here runs on anything else.
I have maybe 15 or so now and have probably thrown away less than 10. That is in somethng like 40 years. Sure the older ones don't hold charge for as long and the ones thrown away didn't hold charge for long enough, but.....

TBH, I had assumed that non-rechargables were a very tiny minority interest......

I posted a thread advising people to dump alkaline batteries out of anything they care about. They are truly awful things, the thread is here.

My recommendation is Panasonic Eneloop or Eneloop Pro. Since posting that thread I’ve had flawless performance from both.

PS The Ikea batteries are very likely rebadged Eneloop Pro, so a great buy.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back