advertisement

Recent woodwork

Pete MB&D

Pete Maddex, the one and only!
Hi Chaps

Here is a couple of things I made recently, first a bog oak carrier for a pair of Salter salt and pepper pots, I bought them from eBay in a bad state but they strip down easily and with some paint striper and satin black they come up well, I made knobs from ebony and fitted new caped star washers to finish them off.
Now we have one set in the kitchen and one on the dining table.

Salter salt and pepper by Pete Maddex, on Flickr

Second is a cup carrier for my wife who has dystonia which makes her hand shake so carrying a tray is very difficult for her, its 6mm birch ply with a 3mm base all half lap joints cut by hand apart from the grove for the base (router table)

Cup carrier by Pete Maddex, on Flickr

Space for phones and biscuits.

Pete

Hi Chaps

Here is a couple of things I made recently, first a bog oak carrier for a pair of Salter salt and pepper pots, I bought them from eBay in a bad state but they strip down easily and with some paint striper and satin black they come up well, I made knobs from ebony and fitted new caped star washers to finish them off.
Now we have one set in the kitchen and one on the dining table.,

Second is a cup carrier for my wife who has dystonia which makes her hand shake so carrying a tray is very difficult for her, its 6mm birch ply with a 3mm base all half lap joints cut by hand apart from the grove for the base (router table)

Cup carrier by Pete Maddex, on Flickr

Space for phones and biscuits.

Pete

I like the built up (out of more ply) handle very much.

BugBear

At first I thought you had a pair of calculators:

curta.jpg

advertisement

Back