advertisement

Really good integrated amps

Tried a lot of good amps. But i think the best sounding is the AARON No.1a. it might not have any features like dac or phonostage.

They have dealers in some countries. But you can always contact them direct. They are very nice people with great products.

I'm going to do something unusual on an audio forum. Instead of recommending some integrated amp I've never heard or owned, I'm going to recommend the one I have heard and own.

Manley
Stingray

Ask for it by name (see above).

Joe

Moon 340ix.
Butter smooth yet detailed, solid bass, sound escapes the speakers, and has an excellent dac, and I love the design.
Also a fan of the Rega Ellicit R back in the day.
I imagine there are a zillion other great options.

Pioneer A300R (std one) and for a bit more sparkle, the precision version.

Nice and simple without spending huge money.

Love my Luxman 505. I mean I really love it. I’ve had a fair amount of Naim kit over the years but this is end game for me.
Sounds fabulous, looks great to my eyes, and has great nob feel. And it’s got huge analogue meters. I want for nothing. Well, except maybe a technics 1200G to match it.

Same here…it’s lovely to look at, has a lovely sound and meters :) very pleased owner

Bryston B135 cubed. In Silver*. Superb build quality, utterly neutral and the inbuilt DAC cannot be faulted. Nominally 135 Watts, but usually test to over 160 Watts within tolerances.

*sorry @Joe P I’ve never actually heard one, but will own one very soon.

I have had my Roksan K3 amplifier for a while. 70 (ish) wpc and my version has the bluetooth connectivity, which works well. ( the bluetooth only gets used 2/3 times a year in all fairness)
The amplifier gets used almost every day, and hasn’t blinked.

The new versions don’t have bluetooth.

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO A1 MkIII Special Edition. Still running after all these years, Driving a NAD 4020B tuner (a match made...) in ma kitchen...:rolleyes::cool:

Tried a lot of good amps. But i think the best sounding is the AARON No.1a. it might not have any features like dac or phonostage.

These are so good. I have the Aaron power, an upgraded power section of the No 1.0a, and after many other amps I would never part from it.

Sugden A21a, not the newer version, the one with a mono switch, MM phono and balance control:
Screen-Shot-2021-01-15-at-18-21-28.png

or a Nait 1.

For something more spendy, an Accuphase or even a McIntosh.

advertisement

Back