Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Really good integrated amps

Discussion in 'audio' started by paulfromcamden, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

For simplicity and the nicest volume control in the business I absolutely love the Musical Fidelity A1000, such a battleship statement piece and sounds sublime too.

Dave Decadent and cj66 like this.
  2. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Two boxes. Excluded ;-)

3. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Boooooo!!

4. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

Would depend on speakers

Cost no object ?

5. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

It's a hypothetical enquiry. I guess cost no object. Though that would make it doubly hypothetical in my case.

6. simon g

simon g Older, wiser but no longer retired

Soulution 530

CH precision i1

T+A PA3100HV

D'Agostino Progression

Gryphon Diablo 300

Boulder 866

all very good amps, but the below is very much 'up there' amongst the world's best:

Audionet Humboldt

cb01 likes this.
  7. oldius

oldius Manchester City, dogs, family and food.

My Denon PMA850 has seen off a lot of contenders.

[​IMG]

VanDerGraaf, cb01, Linus and 8 others like this.
  8. Shane2468

Shane2468 pfm Member

The Cambridge Audio stuff is good. My father uses the CXA-81, and it gets the job done.

To some extent I like the Sugden A21SE Signature. Bit overpriced new. Better to buy second hand.

S.

cb01 likes this.
  9. geetee1972

geetee1972 pfm Member

10. Jennifer F

Jennifer F pfm Member

This beastie isn't its best AN do two "bigger" siblings but to me it would take an awful lot to surpass it. Audio Note Jinro.

[​IMG]

cb01, Linus, paulfromcamden and 2 others like this.
  11. Ben&Ted

Ben&Ted pfm Member

Exposure 3510 added to my collection and will be staying, driving Ovator S600 at the moment. Lovely!

If I had heard an amp as good as the 3510 30+ years ago i might not have gone chasing multi amp active set up, then again!?

cb01, Allaboutmusic and Ian Owen like this.
  12. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

I was very happy when I moved from a Croft integrated to an Exposure 3010s2d, with Harbeths. The Croft wasn’t really working for me. With Tannoy I prefer a Sugden A21SE to the Exposure.

cb01 likes this.
  13. Fergus

Fergus pfm Member

The best integrated amplifier I've had was a Crayon CFA1.2, unfortunately it couldn't adequately drive my Boenicke W5SE’s. My favourite was my Leben CS300XS.

shoniss likes this.
  14. Lowgroove

Lowgroove pfm Member

Mola Mola Kula. A relatively small integrated.

Also has the opportunity for inbuilt DAC and Phono that are better than most separates giving you a high end, true one box solution (DAC is also a streamer if you use Roon). The DAC is sold in it's own box as Tambaqui and the Phono is just being released in it's own box as Lupe.

Cato likes this.
  15. johnny nocash

johnny nocash pfm Member

16. ryder

ryder pfm Member

If it's cost no object, the good costlier designs usually sound better than the cheaper options. One can derive great pleasure from a cheap amp costing up to say £600 such as the Rega io. Nevertheless, once you compare it with another amp in the same system, one will inevitably sound better while the other not so good anymore.

Based on my experience trying many budget to mid end integrateds throughout the years, the costliest integrated amp I currently own sounds best. It's a Luxman L-590AXII.

Past integrateds I've tried include Naim Nait XS, Rega Elicit mk2, NVA AP70, LFD Zero mk3 and many more. All good in their own ways.

Vitus and Gryphon should be very good but unfortunately these are too costly for my wallet so I am unable to verify the great reviews they have got.

cb01 likes this.
  17. Weirdness

Weirdness pfm Member

I probably talk about it too much but 10 years plus equals a keeper. The LFD NCSE is an exceptional integrated amp. Wonderful sounding piece of kit and I'd sooner marry it than any woman I've ever met.

18. cj66

cj66 pfm Member

Limiting myself to amps I've owned or know very well;
    Nad3150
    Inca Tech Claymore
    Restek Challenger/Fantasy
    MF A1000
    Chord 2600
    Marantz PM17ki
    Audio Analogue Puccini se
    Roksan Caspian...all versions up to m2
    Graaf GM50

...and 2 or 3 others I'm struggling to remember at this moment.

EDIT

Like the the ATC SIA-150...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  19. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

Ah I see, then its free to go on..

20. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

Interesting as I thought the 3010 was good, but not outstanding by any parameter.

I preferred the Farlowe amps, but pleased to hear they managed to lift recent range performance, having heard good reports of 5010 range too.
    In fact I thought the little 1010 bettered the first gen 2010.