advertisement

Real Football today

fay spook

pfm Member
Down to Bognor Regis to see the mighty Dulwich Hamlet FC play them in the Ryman Premier playoff final. Rain expected and we won't be under cover.

dulwichhamlet ryman-league-premier-division-play-off-final-bognor

Nice flowery prose!

All this from a club that plays in pink and blue, plays Stonewall FC, supports Syrian refugees, wear special kits for International Women's day and host the Homeless world cup. You can drink and watch the match. It's a good alternative.

The whole hamlet is involved. As it's Dulwich it's more like Real Tennis rather than football with a cabbage

I go to our local village rivalries, A couple of years ago there were a few smoke bombs, thought I was in South America.

Bloss

Ps: good luck by the way

Maximum respect to everyone who goes to watch crap football (joke!). Being a Man City supporter, home and away for a long time, I've seen the full range. There was a time when I used to enjoy watching my nephew and his mates play in the under-14's more than anything - kids shelling out their pocket money to play the beautiful game and being genuinely disappointed when they lost, as opposed to overpaid work shy clodhoppers wandering up down a pitch who can't wait to get in their fancy car and go home or go to the pub.

Best of luck today and well done for setting a good example. Don't worry it rains, it's only weather.

We lost. Bognor were the better team. Then I have to visit a dear friend in hospital. Similar.

I do watch "proper" football but a few hundred miles each way means I mainly do the London games.

My son also went to the game although not particularly as a Hamlet supporter. Dulwich is not far from my particular shrine and I played football with Ron Crisp as a schoolboy who went on to play for Dulwich Watford and Brentford , Also a personal friend Dave Kent another Dulwich player from many years back.

Wolves in the 4th division were dark days, then along came Bull, hoorah!!

Have little interest these days, match of the day is as physical as it gets for me regarding football.

My son also went to the game although not particularly as a Hamlet supporter. Dulwich is not far from my particular shrine and I played football with Ron Crisp as a schoolboy who went on to play for Dulwich Watford and Brentford , Also a personal friend Dave Kent another Dulwich player from many years back.

Both home grounds are next to Sainsbury's. No resticted view Arthur Wait stand at DHFC. And at least DHFC is actually in Dulwich instead of Thornton Heath. I was at the match with some Palace fans (there I've said it out loud). Very gloomy about the last game. I can't see the problem, it's close but it would be very unfortunate.

Both home grounds are next to Sainsbury's. No resticted view Arthur Wait stand at DHFC. And at least DHFC is actually in Dulwich instead of Thornton Heath. I was at the match with some Palace fans (there I've said it out loud). Very gloomy about the last game. I can't see the problem, it's close but it would be very unfortunate.

Quite a few Palace fans take an interest in DH and were at Bognor in support of your team. Palace team and supporters have become very anxious because we have lost our three best centre backs, one,Tomkins, from a disgraceful tackle by a Liverpool player.

Good luck to DH but your geography needs improvement, I was born very close to Selhurst Park in Thornton Heath and watched my first league game in 1946 and to this day the post code remains unaltered SE25-which is South Norwood.

DHFC are just the local team. I offer support to the teams where I live. It's good fun and easy. Brentford and QPR when I was living in Acton etc. There's only one true football team for me but they're far away.

I know a few musicians who go and watch Dulwich Hamlet. They like the team's attitude and colours. They also enjoying smoking a few spliffs while the game is on.

Jack

advertisement

Back