advertisement

RCA replacement advice required

johnny nocash

pfm Member
Hi folks,
I want to replace the RCA outlet sockets on my CD player, they are playing up & I think pretty rubbish in the 1st place. They move around too much and are very plasticky! Not substantial at all.
Anyway two points...
Are there any particular favourites out there which can be recommended?
Is there anybody in the London area who could be recommended to carry out the work?
Cheers
place.

Do you know how they are mounted, whether through the chassis as individual plugs, mounted directly on a PCB or on a separate board carrying both (or more) plugs?

Pictures will really help us sort you out :)

I appreciate you need photos guys but I can't post 'em on here. My old iPad isn't compatible with the image hosting sites. if you could be so kind to pm your email address then I can send you them. Hope that's ok

I can tell you that the analogue RCA's are mounted directly on a pcb. This board can be removed from the player easily. It's a Helios Stargate.

Some images:

IMG-0002.jpg

IMG-0003.jpg

IMG-0004.jpg

IMG-0005.jpg

I think you're going to struggle to find replacements that are much better. The problem is not really the sockets, it's the fact they're supported only by the board and replacing them with a similar type won't fix that.

Thanks for the responses so far folks.
I agree Mr Pig, the plastic on the board is not strong enough.
If possible, my inclination is to try chassis mounts & wire to the pcb as mansr suggested.

Personally, I'd just leave it alone and deal with it should you actually have a problem. How often do you unplug the thing anyway?

advertisement

Back