advertisement

Rare Markaudio drivers

orangeart

KJF Audio Ltd.
Every year Markaudio creates a new driver for asian enthusiast publication 'Stereo' magazine. The OM-MF519 driver was published as part of the magazine last year - https://stereo.jp/?p=4020. These drivers are never for sale in the West even though I occasionally get a request for them. I have got hold of 4 pairs which I can sell on though. They are based on the popular CHN-50 driver with a larger magnet. If you want a pair contact me directly, they are yours for £40 per pair inc VAT, plus shipping or you can have all 4 pairs if you want to make some sort of array maybe for £150 inc VAT, plus shipping. What would you build if you had them?

'We have built a gentle rise into the low and high frequency response, as seen in some of our more expensive drive units, to enhance positioning flexibility. The sound presentation is forgiving, without glare, and the Thiele / Small parameters, with a generous 3.5mm (1-way) Xmax are balanced for ease of use.

The low-mass voice coil, suspension and shallow profile magnesium alloy cone are unique designs for the CHN50. The pressed steel frame is designed to be very open and allow airflow to be as free as possible to the rear of the cone. Response extends from resonance to beyond 20KHz, and the impedance rise at higher frequencies is only modest, due to the careful motor design.'

FS 106.25 Hz

VAS 1.30 L

IMP 4.000 Ohm

QMS 2.53

QES 0.68

QTS 0.53

B×l 2.55 T×m

SPL 85.6

SD 0.0028 m2

CMS 1.16 mm/N

MMS 1.93 g

MMD 1.85 g