advertisement

[FS] Rare Dynaudio Sapphire Anniversay Speakers. Boxed, Immaculate

Pure_Carbon

pfm Member
Right, I'm listing these for a mate who doesn't have sufficient PFM posts to list here.
They are currently at my house , pics taken today ( 13th June)
These were bought new , direct from Dynaudio and delivered by Audio T in Cardiff.
The "coffin" wooden crates are at his house.

Anyone who knows these, knows the quality , build, sound etc , just search on them.
All the drivers are made in house by DA, and the cases are so shiney and odd angles, very difficult to photograph well.
They are a matching pair, numbers 88 of 1000.
The original bungs for the ports are here too.
I've had them in my system for several days , amazing scale, detail, mids and treble are spectacular, plus twin bass drivers per speaker , and look gorgeous too.
Each speaker has 1 x 1.1" Isotar2 tweeter, 1 x 5.25" mid cone , and 2 x 8" bass drivers.
Sensitivity -88dB in 4 ohms.
Rated at 300W.
Bass roll off is stated at 30Hz.
These are Mocha High Gloss finish.

I believe they were listed at £16,500 new , we're asking £6500
Happy to demo at my house.
Pontyclun CF72, North West of Cardiff.

Last edited:
Wow never seen a pair of these before. I used to have the Contour bookshelves and they were very good, they did nothing wrong at all.

Last edited:
Snap. I have number 117 in the same colour and like them a lot. I feel pretty lucky to own them. Good luck with the sale.

A bump from me. The following is currently written in my docs for insurance purposes (being a new-for-old replacement policy).

'Original $16.5K USD in 2008-9. Extremely high build quality and design complexity and very rare. It is compared to, and priced similarly to Dynaudio C4 ($16K USD 2004) at time of manufacture. Dynaudio C4 has now been replaced with Confidence 50, as noted on their website: This would therefore be a logical new replacement equivalent.'

I'm not suggesting these are the same as C50's, but it illustrates the general sort of level of speaker that Dynaudio considers this to be. (C50's being in a very scary price bracket).

These are my speakers. I am the only owner. Thank you Neil for listing on my behalf, and to everybody who has commented. “Artoly” these are exceptional aren't they…

That's quite a vinyl collection you have in the speaker reflections mobettermusic.

The Sapphires are likely to be end game speakers for me. I've upgraded several other components since I bought them to do them justice and help make them shine, but they are still the best part of my system and I anticipate they will continue to reward any other improvements I make upstream.

The speakers are at my house, the LPs in the reflection are mine !

Unfortunately PFM won't let me edit the original listing, so some new info here from Martin, the owner.

" For a refundable £1500 deposit ( plus a non refundable 45p per mile to cover exps) , I am willing to deliver and install in the UK for 1 day, to allow a home listening session.
If you decide to keep them, then just the balance to be paid.
I will require proof of the funds for the full agreed price to be available beforehand"

advertisement

Back