advertisement

Rain, Rain, Rain

Mick, I usually do Spain twice a year, I love the place - the sky is good for the soul.

Now as for Mcr today, sorry it's grim and can offer me no pleasure.
Maybe plumbing the Irwell into Benalmedina would help cheer me up. Just got out the shower my skin is the colour of a sheet of A4 - I need exposing to ultra violet light and quick - SAD

We're better off than Somerset!

Gerard. Ignore the dire warnings of instant skin cancer and get yourself down to your nearest sun bed/tanning centre. I did this when feeling particularly grim in Jan a few years ago. I was achey and couldn't get properly warm for weeks. Prolly as a result of some virus or whatever.
On advice I started with 6 minutes 'under' and emerged feeling so much better I could barely believe it.

I now have regular sunbed sessions, esp. in winter.

Obviously, take advice, esp if you have medical issues or skin problems, but otherwise a few minutes won't do harm.

NB. Unless you are accustomed to sun bathing in the buff.. be careful to protect those regions which have never seen the light of day, or only gradually subject them to the UV. :eek:

On the subject of the rain. I'm close to you on the border of Merseyside/Greater Manchester an am grateful that I live so high up that I'll still not be flooded even when this country has become an Archipelago!

That said, if I want to go for a walk I do so, irrespective of the weather. It's still good for body and soul to get out there for a few hours.

Mull

Randomly choosing a local weather station,

The rainfall recorded in Oxford monthly between 1853 and end of 2013,

OxfordRainfall.png

Paul

advertisement

Back