Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Raidho X1s in Piano Black with matching stands

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Whaleblue, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Happy New Year!

darrenyeats likes this.
  2. DrDx

DrDx pfm Member

I have these speakers in gloss white & I can highly recommend them to anyone sitting on the fence. The best mid & treble I've heard from a compact stand mounted speaker...

Whaleblue likes this.
  3. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

4. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Have a bump

5. simon g

simon g Older, wiser but no longer retired

I think that these were my original pair? After selling and trying Harbeth P3 ESR (yet again), I really missed the Raidhos so I bought another pair, that have stayed with me since. These are excellent speakers; far 'better' than all other speakers of this size that I have tried. With stands, these are over £5,000 new.

sls4321 and cooky1257 like this.
  6. sls4321

sls4321 pfm Member

Having lived with the X1 for a couple of months in a 3m x 4m office, I much prefer them to P3ESR, except they do need a sub. I'm using a REL S/2, only 220w, crossover set very high (measured using REW and it is much higher than when I tried setting it by ear), but the result is quite something. Above 90Hz, these are exceptional speakers.

7. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Thanks for the comments above chaps.

Now sold.

8. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Now unsold. An extremely patient pfm’er wanted to buy, but I encountered a minor issue with actually taking these apart for shipment across this island. I cannot imagine it’s impossible to get the discs on the stands to undo but it has thwarted me so far!

So, available for anyone happy to take as is, fully assembled to stands for £1700 - which means pick-up only.

9. Mongeddavid

Mongeddavid pfm Member

The discs on the stands counter rotate with a unheaded screw both ends which should come off easily. The stands then have a nut top and bottom its a tad difficult to unscrew at first but once started no problem at all

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  10. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Sold

darrenyeats likes this.
  11. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Not sold! Purchaser’s personal circumstances changed.

Still available at £1700 “collected”

12. DrDx

DrDx pfm Member

Someone needs to snap these up, the X1s are fabulous speakers. I know this, I have a pair of them...

13. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Bump, still available and collection/delivery should be possible more easily in the next week or so.

14. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Goodness me they look lovely. Surprised they’re still here, GLWTS.

15. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Thanks @Ponty, I’m sure someone will be very pleased with them if they are OK with pickup or delivery!

£1700 must be a stunningly good price, if I say so myself!

Ponty likes this.
  16. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

did you manage to do this ? Might help a sale

17. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

I’ve tried, but clearly have weak thumbs!

I do know they’re not cross-threaded as I put the speakers onto the stands myself, and am very careful over such things..,

hifinutt likes this.
  18. simon g

simon g Older, wiser but no longer retired

I've assembled/disassembled these a few times. It should be quite easy, if a tad fiddly. The secret is to push firmly in with fingers and thumb on each side and then counter rotate together; not just one at a time. If they really are stuck, then a light tap with a rubber mallet might help as would gentle heating (hair dryer on low, for example).

19. sls4321

sls4321 pfm Member

I bought a pair of these 6 months ago and I'll admit I paid £2,500, because I wanted a pair in white and I did a hassle-free part exchange.

I bought them for the midrange and treble. There is not a lot below 90Hz (it says so on the box, 80Hz is being generous). I had a REL S/2 in the loft, a great little sub. There is a black one on sale at Audio Emotion for £900 or something, but I paid £750 for mine 2 years ago. The tweeter on this is truly exceptional and the midrange has a remarkable warmth for a 4" driver, due to the ceramic aluminium oxide apparently. The imaging is pinpoint. With a sub dialled in properly (I use REW with a UMIK-1), even a BK sub, these are astonishing speakers and £1,700 is crazy cheap. They don't need fancy electronics, I'm using a Cambridge Audio CXA81, because I wanted Class A/B as close to 100w as possible.

20. DrDx

DrDx pfm Member

Wow! Selling these speakers was an adventure... I've had my Raidho X1s for a few years now & they are sublime. I thought I'd wrung everything out of them that they had to offer but I recently upgraded to a Musical Fidelity NuVista 800 amplifier & they sound better than ever..!!