Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Raidho X1s in Piano Black with matching stands

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Whaleblue, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

These are an astonishing pair of small stand-mounts that deliver the best treble and close to best midrange I’ve ever heard. They also do an articulate bass - down to a very respectable point, such as to perfectly suit small to medium sized rooms. They sit very happily just a few inches from the back wall too.

This pair are in excellent condition with the exception of some polishing swirls on top - one worse than the other, in truth. Due to the sloping nature of the tops you’ll honestly never notice unless you stand right next to them.

The treble unit is Raidhos signature ribbon-style unit. The midrange driver suits it perfectly to produce a sound I’ve only heard bettered by the considerably more expensive D1s I had previously (sold as they really did need lots of space behind, that I couldn’t accommodate, to give of their best). So, the X1s give you most of what Raidho can offer in a small and easily positioned pair of speakers.

I’m selling these to fund a new direction - as we box-swappers do!

I’ll take and post pictures later.

I have all original boxes and packing, so courier is possible. I’m in Worthing and welcome pickup, or might be able to deliver if a reasonable distance.

These cost me £2500, but I’ll ask a little less hoping for a quickish sale.

Asking £2250.

Nagraboy and crimsondonkey like this.
  2. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

3. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

4. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

5. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

6. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

7. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

[​IMG]

Tarzan likes this.
  8. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

To clarify, stands are included in the sale price.

Very much prefer collection so that the purchaser can have a listen, and inspect the speakers for themselves.

Currently listening to them right now, I have a metaphorical handful of albums to listen to after meeting @trick cyclist today to sell him my MB-1s! They are pretty special.

9. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

10. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Bump for a delightful pair of Raidhos

11. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

12. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

13. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Open to sensible offers.

14. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

15. Mr Underhill

Mr Underhill pfm Member

GLWTS - have a bump.

16. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

^ Thanks, and a bumplette.

Really are lovely speakers in a discreet form factor. My Tannoy journey is the reason for sale, and they are very different, and much larger, beasts!

darrenyeats likes this.
  17. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

£2000 secures. A sonic bargain!

18. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Delivery or collection looking like will be required. I’ve realised that although I have the box for the speakers I don’t have the boxes for the stands.

At a push I imagine I could fabricate appropriate boxes - but very happy to look at personal delivery...

19. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Bump - still open to offers

20. sls4321

sls4321 pfm Member

Bought your ESL63 but the wife put her foot down and they went to a very good home. Not buying these as I just bought a pair (I needed white), but I must say that for a small room and with acoustic and vocal music they are terrific. Very-detailed and image very well, excellent at low volume, happily running off a 60w Bluesound Powernode 2i. I paid the same price as you, so £2,000 is a bargain, especially as the stands are pretty integral.

Good luck with this one, given the driver technology and the quality finish, they are a steal.

Discopants and Whaleblue like this.