advertisement

RADIOHEAD KID A MNESIA

After listening to most of my red vinyl copy I would say put it in the investment category unplayed......

That’s the plan, though thankfully reviews of the cream vinyl seem better than the red, especially with regards to centring, noise etc.

I’ve bought so much vinyl this year I don’t feel I need to spend £90 on one album of outtakes I haven’t got. It seems to be escalating in value very nicely so I’m pretty sure I’ll eventually flip it unopened. Thankfully it landed mint, all corners perfectly sharp. It can eventually offset some of those Tone Poets! They look to be going for £160 or so now, so not a bad buy. No idea how many they made, I can’t find any edition number beyond it being limited.

PS I’m actually way more interested in the game! Very tempted to chuck Catalina on the Mac so I can run it.

I've a copy of the red and a (to be delivered) copy of the cream. I was torn re which one to keep, but am now concerned about the pressing quality across the board. There seem to be so many bad experiences it's really disappointing.

I have the original copies of both albums anyway so not as keen on this version if the quality isn't there...

My copy arrived today. Nicely double boxed, altho the separate inserts are an oddity, perhaps decided necessary after specifying the box/book.
Now to decide whether to keep it!

I got a huge shrink-wrapped book that can be seen from all angles and appears to have three records in it (I haven’t unsealed it) plus 3x printed card inners. Did anyone get anything more than this?

PS Has anyone any idea what the three spare inners are for? Is there a mistake/correction somewhere?

Makes sense to include the outer sleeve to allow the records and book to be stored separately. I wonder whether they were all meant to include one.

FWIW I interpret that picture as showing the back and front of the big book, not the big book and an additional cover (which would be noticeably smaller). Also being ultra obsessive (as is my thing) it looks like the aspect ratio is correct for the heavy book in both pics, i.e. it is slightly taller than it is wide. A standard sleeve would be smaller and more square.

Don't panic. Out of curiosity I checked again as it seems too heavy to just be an empty outer sleeve so I caved in and opened it, it is a copy of the standard black triple LP that I don't recall ordering.

I will have to sort through my emails to check. Bonus is I don't need to order another copy if I decide not to open the book.

advertisement

Back