advertisement

"Radiodread not as good as Dub Side Of The Moon", an 88 word review by Mike Sae

Mike Sae

Infinitely Baffled
Dub Side Of The Moon was a genius reggae interpretation of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon, honoring the complexities and at the same time accessibilty of reggae music and Pink Floyd's magnum opus.

Radiodread is Radiohead's OK Computer with a reggae beat laid over it.

Here, the EasyStar All Stars force the listener to consider, "was OK Computer a crap album after all", or "is Reggae a crap musical form after all"?

In 2003 I gave Dub Side Of The Moon Two Thumbs Up.
Today, I give Radiodread The Finger.

Can't comment, as I haven't heard it, but being a fan of the (first) Dread Zeppelin album, it's not reggae's fault. Mucho fun. I presume you have heard them, if not, why not?

I've heard one of the dread zeppelin albums many moon ago. Unfortunately my friends were Led Zeppelin fundamentalists at the time so it was dismissed as heresy.

I can see how it would be a smashing album, but Led Zeppelin has been seriously overplayed in my life, so I haven't given it any chance.

Any fans of Dread Zeppelin (as I am) should see the film "Bubba Ho-Tep", in which an elderly Elvis (Bruce Campbell) and a very un-assassinated JFK (inexplicably yet brilliantly played by Ossie Davis) try to save the world from a soul-sucking mummy.

A real shame that Dread Zeppelin weren't tapped for the soundtrack. Missed opportunity there.

Un-Led-Ed.. an hilarious classic, Led Zep songs in a dread-stylee by an Elvis sound-a-like

dread_un_f.jpg

kasperhauser said:
Any fans of Dread Zeppelin (as I am) should see the film "Bubba Ho-Tep", in which an elderly Elvis (Bruce Campbell) and a very un-assassinated JFK (inexplicably yet brilliantly played by Ossie Davis) try to save the world from a soul-sucking mummy.
Wow, like AWESOME, man! Bruce is always one for a laugh. I'm on it.

Thanks for the heads up, I seem to remember dub side being played to me many a moon ago and forgot of its existence.

If DubSOTM made you gag a little bit, then Radiodread will have you projectile vomiting.

Dreadful indeed.

advertisement

Back