advertisement

Radio paradise MQA

The MQA stream I think is exclusive to bluos at the moment and where available streams in hi-res 24 bit. Also has artwork track artist etc, sounds really good, always enjoyed the FLAC stream which sounded very good too.

Nice give them a go, sounding good here on a NAD C388 and Quadral Chromium 8s

Still puzzled by what the point of MQA might be.
Something to do with bank note origami. IIANM.

rabbit.jpg

Obviously nobody knows the point of MQA. Second time I ask, but get the same bs. Otherwise this site is full of knowitalls.
Threads on MQA like cables and DACs results in the inevitable people posting the same stuff so seems pointless bringing them up. There is an interesting article by Sound on Sound mag if you have a bit of time to kill
https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/mqa-time-domain-accuracy-digital-audio-quality

It appears pretty complicated in what/how it works, the basic premise seems to be that digital recordings have time errors due to filters which are more harmful than was expected and MQA tries to improve things by using fancy time alignment techniques.

Personally I prefer Qobuz to Tidal and was never bowled over by any of the familiar albums I streamed on Tidal MQA compared to my CD rips. Saying that I am hedging my bets and made sure the latest DAC I bought was MQA capable.

Something to do with bank note origami. IIANM.

rabbit.jpg

Hare today gone tomorrow ?

SACD
DSD
DVD Audio
HDCD
24 Bit Hi-Res

Some of the above formats folded before they were even unfolded.

All of course promised audio Nirvana, in some new previously unattainable way.

Updated my Node 2i this morning - can't here any difference but my Qutest turns yellow instead of red - which is nice.:)

advertisement

Back