advertisement

Radford sta 25 great condition and fully refurbished

Juancho

pfm Member
The Radford sta 25 is another of Arthur Radfords great successes. Plenty of poke at 35 watts per channel and an ability to drive the most demanding of speakers make this an easy amp to match. Readily available and economical EL34 valves make it a cheap amp to own. This amp was one of two owned by a BBC engineer who left it unused for many years, as the pictures of the transformers testify.
It has now been sympathetically restored and refurbished. All components have been measured and checked against the original specification. Resistors have been replaced with much higher spec Kiwames where necessary, and Mundorf wirewounds for the cathode resistors. All electrolytics have been replaced with F and T capacitors except for the cathode bypass capacitors which have been replaced with Elna Silmics. Sound quality is superb. Valves are brand new NOS Siemens and Brimar for the signal valves, and brand new TAD STR Red bases for the output valves.

The chrome valve runners have been replaced along with all valve and input sockets and the valve cage. The amp has been rewired as necessary.

Output impedance is switchable: 4, 8 or 16 ohms. The amp has been finished with a pair of Audio Note silver plated speaker binding posts.

Audition possible. The amp is located in Wimbledon. Price is ÂŁ1950 collection only or meet up near London

XyE3Z2G.jpg

0vFCaoE.jpg

jUQXWzW.jpg

yuDqY5j.jpg

aNSyOTA.jpg

Ayrcyji.jpg

Y5kVFId.jpeg

Hi,
I've been using it direct from my DAC, which has an analogue volume control, or with my own brand Satchmo preamp. It also works well with a passive transformer pre I have, so very flexible.

advertisement

Back