advertisement

Radford STA 15

Go for it Tony, WE all know you want one.

I don’t actually. I like them a lot, but I really don’t want to get into the NOS EL34 market! For the same reason I don’t have Quad IIs! I’ve got a lifetimes stash of EL84s now including some very nice Mullards so I’ll always have the little Leaks around, I don’t need any more power than that. I think I’m done with amps now aside from very vaguely looking for a nice preamp to match my Pass Aleph 3.

I don’t actually. I like them a lot, but I really don’t want to get into the NOS EL34 market! For the same reason I don’t have Quad IIs! I’ve got a lifetimes stash of EL84s now including some very nice Mullards so I’ll always have the little Leaks around, I don’t need any more power than that. I think I’m done with amps now aside from very vaguely looking for a nice preamp to match my Pass Aleph 3.

Makes a lot of sense, only teasing YA TL. ;)

A good alternate to the EL34 is the KT77, a lot of variants and choices.

The first time it came up I had quite a chat with him and he was prepared to post. So might be worth a chat.

Sold, wonder if anyone on here bought it?

Timing probably wasn't right for me on this one anyway.

I will own a Radford one day, just not today.

TS

I don't think it is necessary to run expensive vintage EL34s. I've got both current production Electro Harmonix and vintage Teslas for my STA25 and they both sound great.

It's been relisted a couple of times, the previous time it was still up for £799 & I had calculated the fuel cost of getting to & from Dumfries.
I was intending to contact the seller on my lunch break, sadly by that time it was already gone again.

advertisement

Back