advertisement

Racks for valve amps

mathewf

pfm Member
I'm looking to get a rack for my Croft 25 valve pre and Series 4 valve power as well as a Linn Radikal p/s. My budget is lowish hundreds, any suggestions? Atacama are running favourites at the moment...

What does your kit weigh?
My valve power amp is nearly 30kg and gives off a lot of heat (two pairs of push-pull KT 88s). The glass shelves on the Atacama Equinox are rated for 20kg according to my supplier.
Long-term plan is to find a nicely finished wood/MDF shelf for the power amp. Short term solution is plonking it on top of stacked Isoplats (Mission) on the (wooden) floor.
Otherwise the Equinox is really easy to level and looks much nicer than most (got 3 bases and 2 add-on shelves).

Ideally, I would have Avid or SoliSteel racks (tripod versions) but I need at least 12 possibly more levels (3 TTs and the rest to house)... and cannot afford that much per shelf as yet.

Good point about the weight, the Series 4 must be at least around the 20kg mark. It also has kt88's and lots of heat, idea was to put it on the top shelf. Levelling is also important as will sit on an uneven brick floor.

Had a quick look at the SoliSteel rack, look excellent. Can't find any pricing on them though, or UK distributor...?

Good point about the weight, the Series 4 must be at least around the 20kg mark. It also has kt88's and lots of heat, idea was to put it on the top shelf. Levelling is also important as will sit on an uneven brick floor.

Had a quick look at the SoliSteel rack, look excellent. Can't find any pricing on them though, or UK distributor...?

Solidsteel - look at the Jordan Acoustics website. Not cheap if i read the pages correctly.

Yes I just asked them. Not cheap and out of budget for the time being. Haven't seen anything in low hundreds to sway me from the Equinox so far....

advertisement

Back