Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Rack order

Discussion in 'audio' started by Del monaco, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Frizzy

Frizzy Liberal anarchist

As much space as possible between phono stage and deck, particularly if using a mc. Easy to get cross contamination between these.
    Turn off everything you don’t need.
    Lots of fresh air around amp, other than that depends on cable routing, trying to keep digital and analogue separated. Also power and signal as distant from each other as possible.

Salamander and Darren L like this.
  2. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

Or one under each foot of the CD player. Sure to reduce vibration.

3. darkstarcrashes

darkstarcrashes pfm Member

Taking equipment spikes to a whole new level!

Del monaco likes this.
  4. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

Call them Vibro-hoggers.

5. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

Well..deep breath…I’m going in to sort the order and the spaghetti soup behind. I may be some time. Wish me luck! I’ll do before after pictures!

6. Jono_13

Jono_13 Duffer

TT on top or separate shelf, phono stage as far away from amp as possible, power leads on one side, signal on the other, as tall as possible legs between each level

7. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

8. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

After:
    [​IMG]

Salamander likes this.
  9. Jono_13

Jono_13 Duffer

Much better

10. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

Does look and feel a better. Enjoying the music now. Just have to set up the Pi again now.

Darren L and Jono_13 like this.
  11. Bjork67

Bjork67 pfm Member

Just put it next to the peas and chips and your sorted.

Wilson, Darren and Darren L like this.
  12. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

My favourite meal.

13. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

I must say I do prefer the Yamaha amp on top. I need to extend the earth wire on the TT tomorrow to reconnect and I’ll get another couple of the exotic Amazon interconnects to complete the cables. Sounds just as good!

14. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

You have almost exactly the same amplification as me, only difference being I have an LK140 on the treble of my active Ninkas (2xLK85 on bass). I have other LK series boxes too including an Ikemi, Pekin and Numerik (for TV) and a Lingo2. I have all mine in/on IKEA Kallax, I’d love to see your custom rack![​IMG]

Salamander, Darren L and Darren like this.
  15. Darren

Darren All Business

We all know you tidied and cleaned before that photo. Dont think you are fooling anyone. I reckon the remains of your pickled onion and tongue sandwich are just out of shot, along with your bottle of Newcastle Brown.

gustav_errata and linnfomaniac83 like this.
  16. linnfomaniac83

My main system isn’t exactly a typical system, as can be seen in the post above, but on a normal rack, I have the sources on top where I can reach them easily, preamp in the middle the power amps on the bottom shelves because they’re the heaviest bits.

17. linnfomaniac83

Haha, nope, this is just the tidy room (wine/whiskey glasses and coffee/tea cups aside), living room is more “lived in” and my office is a tip.:D

gustav_errata and Darren like this.
  18. Darren

Darren All Business

My Aunt Molly had the same arrangement....... Mind you.... she was batty. :p

gustav_errata and linnfomaniac83 like this.
  19. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

Newcastle Brown…the only downside to my city. I tried to like it so many times. Just couldn’t. I winced every time I took a gulp!

Darren likes this.
  20. Darren

Darren All Business

I knew you wouldn't like it Del. I have you down as a 'spritzer' man. :p

Del monaco likes this.