advertisement

Question Time

Some chillingly dumb questions and sugestions from the audience “why don’t we go to other countries outside the Common Market and put pressure on the Common Market”. The guy was about 70 and claimed to be a mature student.

Republicans abroad Squeaky Troll is saying “we’ve voted enough, it’s time to Get Brexit done”. She’s breathless from ranting fictions at the audience. Manufacturers will flood in to pick up the 7000 ”. She’s Lyin’

Can someone perhaps explain to Ken Loach that the film industry is the very definition of the ‘gig economy’!

...and for balance they have Kate Andrews from the entirely bogus and dark-money funded right-wing “Institute” For Economic Affairs unthink tank.

She was horrific, who the f**k are the IEA?
Lib dem made a few good points very calmly but was mostly too passive.

Some chillingly dumb questions and sugestions from the audience “why don’t we go to other countries outside the Common Market and put pressure on the Common Market”. The guy was about 70 and claimed to be a mature student.
I know the show gets too heated as it is but i'd welcome some more courage from panelists when faced with stupidity and shallow grandstanding from the audience.

As always several of them seemed offended by the notion they did not know what they voted for. Ask them FFS!

They would quickly tie themselves in knots or would come up with different versions of Brexit. There is no unanimity among the '17.4.' This point needs to be made over and over.

With the possibility of an election looming, I think we can confidently predict QT focussing on gammony audiences over the next few weeks.

She was horrific, who the f**k are the IEA?
Lib dem made a few good points very calmly but was mostly too passive.
The IEA are a right wing free market pressure group funded by all the usual suspects. What surprised me was how much airtime was given to their shill by Fiona Bruce, to transmit toxic American/Farage propaganda without challenge.

With the possibility of an election looming, I think we can confidently predict QT focussing on gammony audiences over the next few weeks.

Do the BBC know any other? I haven't watched QT for years, it went Jeremy Kyle before Jeremy Kyle many years ago.

That certainly wasn’t a Lib Dem audience!
That's for sure!

But Lamont almost looked them in the eye and admitted to having shafted them, she could have done better.

I think she failed to spot opportunities to make a point rather than anything else.

The bizarre thing was he prefaced his comment by saying “we have been talking about this a lot” implying some depth of discussion at a seat of learning. I can only assume there wasn’t a lot of listening.

I got through the experience by childishly mumbling “talk about a red box!” whenever the mummified Norman Lamont appeared.

But Lamont almost looked them in the eye and admitted to having shafted them, she could have done better.

Agreed. Lamont was surprisingly sharp and got a good few hits in on the Lib Dems, which I think knocked her off guard. That audience was a lost cause though, it must have been a scary prospect facing what looked like a room full of UKIP/EDL.

PS I do understand the BBC can only select from what actually applies to these programs, but its increasingly turning into ‘The Politics vs. Lumpenproletariat Show’. It is pure Jeremy Kyle. It annoys me. I have a pretty low opinion of England to start with, but even from my cynical position it isn’t *that* bad!

PS I do understand the BBC can only select from what actually applies to these programs, but its increasingly turning into ‘The Politics vs. Lumpenproletariat Show’. It is pure Jeremy Kyle. It annoys me. I have a pretty low opinion of England to start with, but even from my cynical position it isn’t *that* bad!

I stopped watching years ago, it sounds like I've not missed much.

advertisement

Back