advertisement

QUDOS - the brilliant new amplifier boards from Avondale

The boards have been in for over two weeks now. Given the minimal price difference £387 vs £342 for a pair then it seems the Qudos boards are amazing value for money.

Observations so far: cleaner sound, tighter bass and therefore sounds faster, the upper bass has more detail too, the midrange sounds snappier with more body - inflections in the voice are more apparent, the treble is a little more defined too. The differences are noticeable and I would make the change again but the NCC200 boards were superb anyway.

In my experience, real or imagined, burn in does seem to occur with new equipment so I will report back in another two weeks if anyone is interested. What I did notice was during the first 48 hours probably the voices were much further back in the mix and the music had lost its snap which was a little alarming for me even though my experience has been things need to burn in. Every single time i get something new I convince myself that I was imagining my experience of burn-in.

Your right about the NCC200 boards being great
And now they are more available used ....for not a lot of money....they are the bargain of the hi-fi world
If your doing a home built or converting a Naim
There a must have

In my experience, real or imagined, burn in does seem to occur with new equipment so I will report back in another two weeks if anyone is interested.

Yes, it would be interesting to get a new report and see the photos of those new Qudos boards, if you want to post some of them. :)

Just though i'd show some photos of the boards along with the serviced power boards and other items Les sent me when I upgraded.
eB1RSul.jpg

QARLb7N.jpg

fleQFed.jpg

yibJafg.jpg

y2osQeD.jpg

BgEVlPA.jpg

XPLhRHp.jpg

VuTY3tL.jpg

0wtyn4T.jpg

9G2kHpt.jpg

GlzVPtQ.jpg

i8eJom5.jpg

qtIRou7.jpg

Haven't you got enough amplifiers to be going on with Alan or are you just bored :D
Si there is always room for one more:D, but yes also a little bored and just curious what the Qudos amp sounds like and I have a case and big Canterbury tranny doing nothing so I thought why not :cool::D
Alan

Yes, this fine amp board and the HCR200 with a Canterbury Winding transformer from Terry is a clear winner !
These transformer sound amazing and are dead silent

Just been looking at Les's Facebook page, TR5 appears to be no longer fitted, the above photo shows this to anyone know why?

advertisement

Back