advertisement

Quality hotdogs

roman

pfm Member
My little lad is fond of hotdogs, he'd eat them all the time if he could (he can't).

I've just tried one my partner fed him and read the packet. Unsurprisingly it's revolting. In this case it's a chicken hotdog magicked into looking and tasting like pork and made of some awful mechanically recovered slurry.

I accept he's going to continue to eat them occasionally but I'd rather feed him something a little more wholesome. Anyone know of any that are good ( not too smoky) and easily obtainable?

roman,

Has he tried veggie hotdogs? They're just as unpalatable* as meat hotdogs, but the beaks and snouts of the plant world are somewhat less disgusting.

Joe

* If you put enough ketchup, mustard and relish on them they will taste mostly of ketchup, mustard and relish.

frankfurters from herta or sokolow...both are quite delicious. the ones from sokolow need the outer casing snipping and pulling off before popping into simmering water.

frankfurters from herta or sokolow...both are quite delicious. the ones from sokolow need the outer casing snipping and pulling off before popping into simmering water.
Herta are the guilty party in this case, made of some godawful slurry.

I've eaten sokolow sausage which seemed ok, I'll look into their hotdogs.

My kids are massive fans too and we’ve been through most brands commonly available in the UK. Top of the bunch have to be M&S German Smoked Frankfurters closely followed by Unearthed Bavarian Frankfurters that are available from Ocado and Waitrose. Both are subtly smoked and have a good texture.

Actually, M&S were doing extra large hot dog style sausages and I have to say they were really good. There was even a variety with mustard in them. Wickedly moreish.

Herta are nice and are about 75% pork

Unearthed Bavarian Frankfurters, 82% pork, and delicious- we get em from Waitrose and Ocado

advertisement

Back