advertisement

[FS] Quad esl57

kevinrt

pfm Member
I have a pair of Quad esl57 speakers for sale.

They have the bronze coloured grills and are in good condition. They each have the original 3 Quad wooden legs, a pair of Quadropod stands and a pair of Widgets. The Quadropod stands raise the speakers up and angle them towards the vertical. They have screw-in feet for levelling which could be changed for spikes. The Widgets make the speakers more suitable for use with a wider range of solid state amplifiers. They also come with the necessary power cables, with Bulgin plugs on the speaker end, and a copy of the user manual.

The speakers are fully working. The bronze grills are in good condition with no scratches or dents. The only thing to note is that the red light on the rear of one of the speakers, which light up when powered up, flickers. This doesn’t affect the sound and is not visible unless you look behind the speaker.

I bought these a year ago and have enjoyed having them in my system, but they do not fit into our living space. I bought them from someone who works with One Thing Audio (OTA) servicing these speakers. He took them to the OTA workshop, and after listening decided that they were working properly and needed no attention or servicing at that time.

The Quadropod stands would cost at least £100 second hand, if you could find a pair. I already have an offer for these but would prefer to keep them with these speakers. The Widgets are unused and cost around £100 for a new pair now.

I would like £500 for the speakers, stands and Widgets, and they will need to be collected from Oxford.

I may add some pictures in the coming days, but if you’re interested in buying them, pm me with your email address and I will send you some pictures.

regards

Kevin

A few photos. The ones on the rugs are the speakers in my house on the extra stands. The others are from the vendor when I bought them.

9BD4D3C9-0C4F-4DFB-A61F-5135F91702B3 by Kevin Thomas, on Flickr

6D847B9E-D9A8-4FA8-A78B-80ACC5A85A59 by Kevin Thomas, on Flickr

99FA3143-04D4-432D-8778-4B8C0420F759 by Kevin Thomas, on Flickr

C9A6CAD9-B783-414D-818D-FCB0A4830A3D by Kevin Thomas, on Flickr

03E8FB45-E0EF-478E-A9C0-990B293419A4 by Kevin Thomas, on Flickr

8E3CF70F-B95B-4332-BFE4-C1EEB1413E21 by Kevin Thomas, on Flickr

BD54F847-8314-442B-B615-632B66ACBCCF by Kevin Thomas, on Flickr

I’ve had a few enquiries but no takers yet.

I could sell the speakers alone (without the Widgets or the extra stands) for £400 if that would interest anyone.

regards

Kevin

I’ve had a few enquiries but no takers yet.

I could sell the speakers alone (without the Widgets or the extra stands) for £400 if that would interest anyone.

regards

Kevin
Enquiries but no takers is the way it goes with Quads, they are hard to live with in any house. I'm selling my double stacked pair, the same, only worse. If I were you I would be making a big deal about the fact that these are checked by OTA and NOT changed by them so they are as original. Anything with OTA mods is less valuable than without. On that basis I would in your shoes be definitely selling them as "original and standard" and when that was done selling the stands and Widgets separately. Good luck selling.

advertisement

Back