advertisement

Quad article....

So do I. Add up a pair of original ESLs, a Dual 1229 to the recipe.
Happy New Year! 🎊
I should have added my Rogers LS3/5As to the recipe. Not QUAD of course but in the same spirit, being a classic design which seems to have been around for ever. Happy New Year. :)

Last edited:
Nice that, along with the big Tannoys, the Rogers Studio 1 get a mention in Donna Leake's pile of gear. I don't think you can go far wrong with a good Rogers and Quad pairing, though I'm using modern Quad amps at the mo.

In the video she seems to have a pair of Klipsch Heresys behind her. Another great choice!

Don’t forget.
The Spendor BC1.
Perfect match for a Quad.
Agreed, the best my BC1s sound is on the end of my 303, sadly the BC1s are a bit too much speaker for my small flat & I don't have another usage context for the 303 so they may be in the classifieds soon.

TS

Hello to you all. My first post here. I just bought my first Quad setup two months ago: FM3, 33 and 303. I am just overwhelmed at how good it sounds for 50 year old equipment. Paired with my old Garrard DD 130 deck it and a pair of Tannoy Eclipse 3s leaves me smiling whenever I use it. I have now added a CD player to the Tape input, and that also sounds much better than the old system I was using. Well pleased with the whole setup and I will be sending it off to Quad for a service soon. Just bought the 303 packaging from Quad (£35.65, but worth it). I'll let you all know if I can notice the difference

advertisement

Back