advertisement

Quad 606 Dada electronics revision kit £50 Posted

Eoin

pfm Member
Just reposted from DIY classifieds in case people don’t look there much.
Kit of quality components to revise the Quad 606. £50 posted.

Appears to be a slightly earlier version than Dada’s current instructions, however these instructions appear to match:

https://www.hobbielektronika.hu/forum/getfile.php?id=180783

Kit instructions mention this parts list:
  • 4x 1M flexible 0,75mm flexible cable for internal wiring (Orange for mass, Yellow for the LS-outputs, Black for - DC-current, Red for + DC current).
  • Shielded audio-cable, 50cm
  • 12× Silver plated Faston connectors, female
  • Thermal insulation-tube, 30cm
Components to be mounted on the driver-boards:

• 2x R 560R 1% for R1 (green-blue-black-black-brown)

• 4x R 22K 1% for R2 & R6 (red-red-black-red-brown)
  • 2x R 62K 1% for R5 (blue-red-black-red-brown)
  • 2x R 12R 1% for R11 (brown-red-black-gold-brown) (*)
  • 2x R 2M2 1% for R25 (red-red-black-yellow-brown)
  • 6x C 330pF Silvered-mica for C1 / C4 / C6. *These look more like polystyrene to me*
  • 2x C 330nF MKT for C2
  • 2x C 1 uF MKT for C3
  • 2x C 47nF MKS4 for C10
  • 6x C 100F MKT (Additional decouple caps for the zener diodes D1,D2 and D12, not replacements!)
  • 2x C 100uF 63V for C7 (Nichicon)
  • 4x C 470uF 63V for C9 & C11 (Nichicon) *I’m not sure these 4 are Nichicon or not, check the pictures*
I think the 330pf look like Polystyrene rather than silver mica but I am not the expert, also the 4 470uF aren’t marked Nichicon so check the pictures or assume they’re not.

The 2 47uF are Wima

I assume the blue resistors imply metal film and they’re all 1%

Obviously mains voltages are inside, so check the instructions and make sure you’re happy. However it looks very straightforward swapping.

Quick google suggests some of the components at least are not particularly cheap.

Dada list further components (eg torroidal transformer and they suggest doing the big power supply caps at the same time) which they could supply or the caps could be got in the UK.

Dada list the kit but we’re into European postage and possibly customs charges on top, so hopefully this will find a home locally for a keen Quad owner. My 606 has developed a hum so I’m returning mine to Quad for a repair instead. Could be a fun afternoon’s tinkering for someone.

advertisement

Back