Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Quad 44(late one)/405-2

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by atcman, Jan 4, 2021.

1. atcman

atcman pfm Member

44 was serviced and capped by Redhill audio Nov of 2020 a late model with no cancel button so mkll 500mv cd input condition a few tiny marks but nothing major. 405-2 checked over by Redhill Nov 2020 and gain changed to 1.2v,so it now works well with passives and also the 44 now has usable volume as opposed to 2clicks and blast off.the power amp does have some scratches but not over bad and the fins are intact so if in rack not a problem,i will put pics up later looking at £500 + shipping for the pair. if not to far from Humber bridge may be poss to deliver myself for fuel cost

2. atcman

atcman pfm Member

3. atcman

atcman pfm Member

Just noticed the little perspex door pin is broken so just lift door out rather than hinge. click photos for large

4. atcman

atcman pfm Member

For info couple of people have asked,i may split if of interest also no mods to preamp just service and caps

5. atcman

atcman pfm Member

6. atcman

atcman pfm Member

7. atcman

atcman pfm Member

8. atcman

atcman pfm Member

9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

I believe the input is a very sensitive 0.5V; is this the gain you mention. as 1.2V would be much more useful, even with active pre's.

10. atcman

atcman pfm Member

Yes my mistake sensitivity changed to 1.2v

11. atcman

atcman pfm Member

12. atcman

atcman pfm Member

13. Molcroft

Molcroft Member

PM sent

14. atcman

atcman pfm Member

PM Replied

15. atcman

atcman pfm Member

16. atcman

atcman pfm Member

Still here pair just sold on that horrible site for 600 not serviced maybe these are to cheap

17. atcman

atcman pfm Member

18. calorgas

calorgas Ratty bumpkin

Seems like a very good price for a nice pair, especially given that they've recently been serviced too. Surprised they're still here! GLWTS.

19. atcman

atcman pfm Member

20. atcman

atcman pfm Member