advertisement

Quad 303 Replacement Caps

ChrisS

pfm Member
I have a new to me 303 and have ordered/received the full Dada Electronics upgrade kit for the 303. I'll keep the original boards so it could plausibly be reverted to original, but I didn't want to try to replace components on the boards and did want the adjustable sensitivity.

The kit includes 3x4700 uF PS and output caps. These are completely unmarked as to manufacturer, and all the website says is that they are "audio grade". I'm a bit disappointed as I believe they used to ship BHC/Kemet, but supply chain issues are what they are, and the kit shipped quickly so I am not really complaining. For info, the markings look like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/1439961459...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1 in that they have the diamond pattern but no manufacturer name.

I've found some Kemet that, from searching various places, look like they will work, but I wanted to double-check before ordering as they aren't exactly giving them away! Model ALT22A472DD100 is 4700uf, 100V, and 85C. Only difference from what I see other places is 85C vs 105C, but from what I can tell 85C should be fine. Do these look okay?

Also, in another thread A vintage Quad thread, Tony mentioned a cap beneath the power supply. I haven't disassembled to see what is currently there, but assuming this should be replaced, can somewhat point me to a good replacement? (I'm in the US and am planning to order from Mouser.)

Anything else I should think about replacing while I am doing this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Can’t go wrong with Kemeth, Nichicon, Vishay and the like.
105 may last longer than 85 C but often not absolutely needed.

advertisement

Back