advertisement

Quad 2805 -How to Remove Fabric Cover?

Jo Sharp

Pulls on doors marked push
Grateful for guidance on how to remove the fabric cover from my 2805s - want to check integrity of panels and clean out any accumulated dust.

thanks,

Jo

I have 989's.

To remove the socks, tap the top cover to the left using palm of hand holding the speaker with other hand. Top cover then lifts off screw heads.
Sock is just pressed onto Velcro at top.

Lay speaker down on it's back (first remove brace in your case) onto a table or bench.
Remove steel base plate, numerous small pozi screws, lower gently as there is an earth tag attached !!

The base is attached to the panel by long threaded studs, lowering the nuts to the end of the thread allows sufficient room to lower the base and remove the socks at the bottom.

These instructions are for the 989's your 2805's may vary, though they share the same panels.

If you are near Sheffield PM me as I run mine naked the innards are always on display ...

SGS_y9BrlpeR104LUVVCbvx_hRPb6Ia6yFm9uCiQYFcZ5lBr9PsA4HvC8KMVqgysUq2uQ6bfgRRV7JiYq9JgEna1lySxHWYoUpV1se8qp63j3iuqWyhcu8sR82xQ_OiuP8frcRginPHk7Y6eMyxPxEtkd_Yq6HfiCZjpqGR1gFRsg6QiARV-snevrHUVcuv6UhVve_oN25d4VkKz4PmEOu6ZbPuFHUoDET2R_ZMkwfmZwXuIoGmm69LA6Y9USx8iddcflTzutG3vlG2weUtfYmEXBDplak6A6OpFSLWxXj10DrTQzrkqcR3WdheCtYu5Qv1pJ_UxHCzQFhsoeDqiUCvKhP4LXUMXFqYFzz3vrL0hKw0EhqP0t5tPr7X0aXvdCt_gq6uhs-kF9E4QhCMurLtQ2iZz5kcwBdWCwNqveGfyYoSEduY2uafOnWIuwiOxM4o0laPdlUhaO1EVSeYwLi4tKewxC5e80jnLYTQ6RDC3_rSWtEAAq7aBtn20AFVOysniT7Noclxe1oZ9yIxGnvjpoJCUycw6rvBQ2ZqLaaJgJYolTWJDkzLygWkkFsTp60a9FIxnc_2eJeY9raABcoJ7lfAeNFWD3S7A8xL2pN9VnGZgZLZXdg7v=w479-h639-no

I'd be inclined to leave 'em be unless you have evidence of an issue (static, popping, channel imbalance etc). Quad likely sealed them up good to avoid dust getting in!

Have you had any previous iterations of the Quads interested to know what the additional 20Kg and higher spec electronics make.?

I'd be inclined to leave 'em be unless you have evidence of an issue (static, popping, channel imbalance etc). Quad likely sealed them up good to avoid dust getting in!

What he said. My presumption is that you have to screw the side panels off to reveal other screws holding the top in place (screws under speaker panel).

Indeed 3000 dots of PU adhesive applied with a cocktail stick fixed mine :eek:

Though I think the newer panels are better.

advertisement

Back